EUROPA VIII

Kawalsky

It was probably elements of 1-1 that had successfully retreated. (in my mind I knew it couldn't be 1-3: we had had support from 1-3 denied and that would mean they were holding somewhere north)

You should've seen the carnage: Mr Millar and Mr Happ were being shot up by whoever were on the hilltop.

Everything went to shit for 1-1 on that op, but it was brilliant fun.

It was probably elements of 1-1 that had successfully retreated. (in my mind I knew it couldn't be 1-3: we had had support from 1-3 denied and that would mean they were holding somewhere north)

You should've seen the carnage: Mr Millar and Mr Happ were being shot up by whoever were on the hilltop.

Everything went to shit for 1-1 on that op, but it was brilliant fun.

We saw most of the carnage when we moved in to prop up the line. I ran through a total of 6 200rnd belts in that 10 minute or so engagement, my barrel must've been glowing. It was the most I've ever fired in my time in the 16AA. Charlie fireteam still almost got minced. We managed to break contact but sustained three T2 and T3 in the process. I was the only guy from Charlie left standing. Delta was a god-sent.

I don't think 1 Platoon has done more firing than it did in that most hectic half hour after our initial annihilation. And with some RHA help it did work - the firefight got won, somehow. Happy that the enemy didn't sport ACOGs.

X-ray vision is good enough for them I guess. ;)

LOL u can hear the moment when I got taken out. You hear a long burst from me as they came over the hill then I ran dry. I got behind the tree and was reloading and watching the tree get chewed up with rounds when an RPK gunner appeared to my right. I got a burst off at him but he cut me down.

Great Op even if I got killed twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived