Home Rotation 29SEP2013

Rec Knudsen

Quite the other way around actually from what I have experienced.

A lot of people play with sound levels so high that a whisper could make a difference.

Edit:

Regardless its a lot more immersive.

Agreed. I think it was Wilson that talked about the immersiveness of game sounds on HR before Forseti. I turned my game sounds up to realistic levels at that point and have been happily deafened by 1FLT ever since.

Whispering makes a difference at proper volumes, but isn't something that can or should be enforced. End of the day it's just that much more immersive.

Agreed. I think it was Wilson that talked about the immersiveness of game sounds on HR before Forseti. I turned my game sounds up to realistic levels at that point and have been happily deafened by 1FLT ever since.

Whispering makes a difference at proper volumes, but isn't something that can or should be enforced. End of the day it's just that much more immersive.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I run my game sounds louder than most. If there's a Chinook taking off next to me, don't expect me to hear you speak over it! :)

Whispering whilst using Acre certainly does have the desieed effect, of course Acre can't tell if you're whispering or shouting and so 'projects' your voice over the same distance regardless. There's a big difference between projecting a whisper and projecting a shout though! I'm certain there's a bit of normalization in there, so levels are never going to be reproduced correctly, add in that some people run their TS through a headset and game through speakers and of course it's not going to reflect reality. Consider in game ambient background noise and the fact that you're projecting a lowervolume of sound (over the same distance) and whispering is definitely worth doing, TvT of course.