Op WYVERN III

Blanthorn

That actually was an Air to Ground missile, no idea how anyone survived that, they are designed to kill tanks.

Eh, you were firing your rocket-pods, which are in 90% of cases not designed to kill tanks (as almost all variants aren't HEAT warheads) and are rockets, not missiles. ;)

Rocket = unguided

Missile = guided

Edited by Pte Knudsen

Eh, you were firing your rocket-pods,

I was in the gunners seat, i think i know what was fired.....

9K121 Vikhr anti-tank missiles, these were shot at you all night, we used hardly any rockets via the Ka-52's.

800px-9K121_AT12_MAKS2005.jpg

Edited by Plt Off Jackson

Well, ATGMs are designed to take out tanks. Which means they have a shape charge (HEAT) rather than fragmentation-designed warheads (HEDP, HEF) (Of course there's going to be some fragmentation on a HEAT warhead, but the shape charge is its primary focus). As a result, the damage against infantry groups is relatively low beyond the shockwave.

And I'll allow myself to borrow this one:

Edited by Pte Knudsen

One thing that struck me was when we (OPFOR) were running and bombing the ships, was that it felt very "Falklands" running into the bay while the troops are on the ground mostly helpless, and seeing a LOAD of tracer coming from the ships. I'd like to do the same sort of thing from a ground perspective at some point.

No screenies or video sorry. :(

Brian :bw:

I agree with Willis , whilst me & lee were sorting supplies I really thought I was in Falklands except no Casuality from the Ships and no Ships sank in the bay!

Which is interesting, considering that the ordonance dropped on the ships actually exploded this time around. :P

Q: Can you actually sink ships in ArmA 2?