OP WYVERN IV

Newton

[video=youtube;a2RJvaQSntQ]

The balls on this guy. He strolled right up to us - weapon down.

Well, that should teach us to frag the sh*t out of such a ridge in the future. Generally, this highlights something that I've been trying to get across for quite some time. Either sit on a ridge (or have an LP up there) or conduct a reverse-slope defence. Sitting just below a ridge can be very dangerous.

Good spot and good decision to push throigh - grenades into that defilade front would have been the very thing!

After Sir Blanthorn when down I threw all my grenades over. Not sure if I got anyone but they pushed over the hill on the left with like 4 guys getting the last of us :(

Both excellent points and lessons learnt the hard way - we'll drill counter-ambush training until it becomes reflex come home rotation; far too much thinking was required on my part.

With regards to sitting below the ridge, we had only just arrived - I was planning to push forward prone in order not to skyline - but you are totally right and it should have been done much faster.

I heard some of you guys get hit so I sent Omland up to help you. Five minutes later I tried to raise him and eventually figured that you'd all gone down, so with the help of 2/2's remnants I started dragging you back down. Not sure how many we saved though.

The base that we started at, proudly flying the Union Flag (I'm not too proud of how this one came out):

rzvjv9B.png

1 Flight's chinooks during the insert:

SR3TBlN.png

2 Platoon dash out of their chinook as it touches the deck:

rl5eMGe.png

(God I hope this one looks ok, I missed Ege advancing with his weapon up) 1 Section pushes through the communications station under cover from FSG's smoke:

8rzjuk4.png

Johnsen takes a peek at the PLA positions through his Vector:

PwqtEvd.png

You all knew it was coming:

BTewDvR.png

Videos soon.

2nd pic is me to the left helping the unfortunate (Pte Hill) with Lipton laying on his side.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what hit us? All I remember is shouting that I was ready to breach and then a lot of big explosions.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what hit us? All I remember is shouting that I was ready to breach and then a lot of big explosions.

It was a mortar strike. The first one landed right on top of you guys and wiped out the whole of charlie team.

It was so accurate and sudden, at first we thought you guys triggered a big landmine or an IED. Then more started to fall...

Pretty sure these videos were taken after I fiddled with my sound settings. Feedback on volume etc is welcome!

[video=youtube;FOm-p9OGxJE]

[video=youtube;1gXUvINQBzc]

[video=youtube;Dg5Uye_3-m0]

[video=youtube;zP1iAsL4zOI]

[video=youtube;TIAqzdZ1kik]

Archived