DayZ SA - Gallery

Hope

vBSex6X.jpg

[video=youtube;sOnqjkJTMaA]

Here's my mate kitted out after a few hours of playing, myself with similar equipment, but a Mosin with scope and bayonet and a pistol on my chest.

13D1B451DE4F1133CC981BC62701B7434B6E3510

We got killed about half an hour later, me due to a bug that suddenly made me drop unconscious for no apparent reason, him due to a 5.56mm bullet that came his way minutes later.

(Yep, I may or may not have played around with the gamma and brightness, why?) :D

Apologies for the aliasing; on my laptop for the duration of christmas/new year. Still, documenting some of my travels. Also the images are bitmaps, because fuck you.

I meet up with Cope and he gears up:

5TZPn.bmp

He tries to eat some food:

5TZKl.bmp

Short jog to the airfield:

5TZUn.bmp

We get a bit distracted...

5TZXG.bmp

But we make it, and Cope is jelly of my new bayonet:

5U03v.bmp

Apologies for the lack of pixels. There will be more from mid-Jan onwards.

P.S. Motion blur and postprocessing effects are for nubs.

He tries to eat some food from a huge fucking bitmap:

http://puu.sh/5TZKl.bmp

Needs moar lens flare!!11oneeleven

P.S. Motion blur and postprocessing effects are for nubs.

Actually, my picture is a bit smudged because 67% resolution. My poor laptop just can't handle much more... :(

Also, my M4 now has a magpul handguard and an ACOG. Both pristine, which now means all my attachments are such (no idea about the weapon, though, I only get a black box on that). And we have even more ammo; I found ~50 rounds in 3 mags and my friend found a 60 round mag, that lucky bugger.

Needs moar lens flare!!11oneeleven

Actually, my picture is a bit smudged because 67% resolution. My poor laptop just can't handle much more... :(

Also, my M4 now has a magpul handguard and an ACOG. Both pristine, which now means all my attachments are such (no idea about the weapon, though, I only get a black box on that). And we have even more ammo; I found ~50 rounds in 3 mags and my friend found a 60 round mag, that lucky bugger.

There is ridiculous bloom from the sun even with it dialed down to 0, crepuscular rays are everywhere and it flares all the time. Games these days are masters of OTT lighting.

It's practically Battlefield.

Oh, I wasn't aiming the motion blur etc. comment at your screenshot Balkau... I thought it spoke for itself ;)

I just disagree in principle with motion blur and depth of field in video games. It shouldn't be a thing.

I actually rather like a subtle DoF, but most of the time it's just silly. And well, we did discuss motion blur in another thread. I HATE motion blur.

But yes, the sun seems to be running on slightly higher voltage than the sun I know.

My point about the lens flare was that in first person, there should be no lens flare at all. The human eye doesn't produce lens flare. And in the Arma games, there is none in FPP, so I have no clue where they got this flare from.

And lastly, I can't wait until I've moved my PC here... It's going to be glorious. :D

So Danker just decided to drink disinfectant. R.I.P.

Natural selection ahoy!

Also, you can force feed it to others, not that you'd want to do a thing like that....

I was going to tie down people with handcuffs, then fill all the blood bags I found over the course of my life and then just execute them if they're actually a grown-up or just leave them there, digesting a rotten fruit if they're a little kid. But the disinfectant is quite a new spin on that... More like diesinfectant, amirite?

More like diesinfectant, amirite?

Ooooh, sick burn!

We also took samples of his filthy blood when he got really sick. The plan being that we would give them to someone we capture, spreading the joy of disinfectant sickness to others.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived