Cromwell VII

Pte Morris

Anyone got a video of those Cluster Bombs i dropped? I want to see what they looked like from the ground because from the air it just looked like a ViP Press event with aload of camera flashes going off.

Towards the end when we ran out of HE but had to help keeping the company alive, we *cough* asked the Americans to help out with some DPICM (we totally didn't fire a single shot of that, it was all the Americans...) Would love to know how that looked, too.

Playing as the OPFOR I was very impressed with the accuracy and fire-power of 16AA that rained down on me once we opened up on enemy positions - Once my position was identified and fire put upon me; I lasted only a couple of seconds at most before I was hit.

I did find the most difficult thing was having NO visibility without any form of light aid, or turning the brightness/gamma up; which I admit I had to do as I could see NOTHING for most of the night. Without any form of aid we were quite literally walking blind and it was both realism (to an extent, as the eyes can/do adjust over time), and frustrating).

Playing as the OPFOR I was very impressed with the accuracy and fire-power of 16AA that rained down on me once we opened up on enemy positions - Once my position was identified and fire put upon me; I lasted only a couple of seconds at most before I was hit.

And now consider that we didn't use optics for the majority of the night and were mostly engaging at the very edge of our effective 5.56 range. ;)

Archived