Op MARKET GARDEN

Toonen

I44pic5.png

I44pic4.png

I44pic1.png

I44pic2.png

I44pic3.png

It's close but I'd say that's the best mission I've played in 16AA, and I've been here for nearly 3 years. It's one of the few missions that I felt I was actually on the battlefield. The setting was looked perfect for Market Garden (trees, hedges, fields, old buildings etc, walking past the occasional dead friendly/German in the field also added to the immersion. Then there was moments where we were getting pinned down by a sniper and were literally scared to get our heads above the bank. Then ultimately getting revenge on the sniper for shooting numerous friendlies by firing a HE shell into the attic he was hiding in. The mortar fire coming in was also hell scary. The whole thing was just so atmospheric it really didn't feel like we're playing A WW2 mod on a random Russian map but that we it was actually Operation Market Garden. Definitely want to see more historic missions. It just adds something you don't get with regular modern day stuff. I'd love a 1970's/80's campaign. That doesn't have to mean NI or Falklands, could be a completely random scenario that never even happened. It's just a great time period content wise as you've still got the Bren gun in service , the era of the SMG is coming to an end with the Sterling, the SLR's in it's prime, the FN Mag is starting to take over from the bren and you've even got the good old Lee Enfield still holding on as the sniper rifle of choice for the British Army ,Really would love to see it!

You should start posting screenies if yours turn out that good; we need more people taking screenshots for the BIS thread etc.

Sadly, I have a few white pixels on trees which makes my screens and recordings look strange.

But yes, I play with max settings and x6-x8 AA and ATOC. I do so hate PPAA though, all it does is make games blurry. I'd rather have jaggies than a blurry game, so I'd choose no AA instead of any form of PPAA. Still, very nice screenshots from both Toonen and Morris.

Sadly, I have a few white pixels on trees which makes my screens and recordings look strange.

But yes, I play with max settings and x6-x8 AA and ATOC. I do so hate PPAA though, all it does is make games blurry. I'd rather have jaggies than a blurry game, so I'd choose no AA instead of any form of PPAA. Still, very nice screenshots from both Toonen and Morris.

FXAA (Sharp) actually sharpens the image.

FXAA (Sharp) actually sharpens the image.

It doesn't, it blurs it and then adds black outlines and a few other things. While it looks good in some situations, it looks terrible in others, and you still have the blur problem at longer distances.

Every single PPAA solution works by blurring an image or part of an image. It's simply how they work and why they have almost no performance impact.

I concur. That was f...ing awesome!

Just before I bought it at the end was incredibly intense. A group of us were positioned behind a wall to the South East of the town with half tracks on 3 sides, infantry pushing towards us and the ammo getting lower and lower. I watched T Bill burning a half track with a grenade but a gang of infantry appeared behind it. I put a few rounds down to cover him but I got slotted. Not sure how you fared after that but it sounded amazing listening in on ACRE afterwards.

Congrats to the mission makers on that one. Epic.

One quick point I forgot to mention. The ability to tow the AT guns with a jeep would've been awesome. The AT guns bouncing across the bridges and that ridiculous shaky aim when within 100m of them moving was kind of annoying. I actually added the class names to the R3F logistics script after and it worked perfectly. Literally took about 2 minutes and would've made a near perfect mission even more perfect.

Also gutted, losing my game sounds forced me out. It did make the battlefield a lovely tranquil place to spend sometime though.

I had something similar during the final battle, all my sound apart from the birds and ACRE went off, then I got desynch so nothing moved. I was sat there staring at a lovely peaceful field for about ten minutes until everything kicked back in and an armored car was firing at my tree.

Loved this mission felt so realistic especially when 2/3 had to flank a halftrack down a ditch we got hit by a mortar there was only me lip and Vince left and cut off had to assault a house hold out then make our way back to the company bounding through the enemy town felt like something out of ban of brothers, love these historical missions.

Archived