Not quite Glasshouse 1

Rover

We definitely need a foggy operation. That looks EPIC.

I agree, as long as you are aware that it is REALLY HARD to fly helicopters in that weather. I feel claustrophobic when my view distance is at 1000 m. :P Then again, fiddling with the fog parameters I know it's entirely possible to have a thick fog layer close to the ground while still being able to get over that for flying.

Edit: Rover, amazing shot of the Wildcat landing. :)

Yeah it's pretty easy to set the fog so it clings to lower ground and burns off as you get higher up. Looks particularly good around the mountains and coast line. It looks very natural if you get the settings right.

I agree, as long as you are aware that it is REALLY HARD to fly helicopters in that weather. I feel claustrophobic when my view distance is at 1000 m. :P Then again, fiddling with the fog parameters I know it's entirely possible to have a thick fog layer close to the ground while still being able to get over that for flying.

Edit: Rover, amazing shot of the Wildcat landing. :)

Hello, former flight IC here :P

Yeah, I know it's quite hard to fly in fog. That's why we need a good op with fog, since it means the infantry have more work to do and can't rely on the airframes for everything. Gives an extra level of depth to the mission

Haven't the airframes got HUD so you can do instrument flying?

Archived