Operation Glasshouse VII

Marshall

Got some from the downed pilot's perspective.

"An unknown patrol drives past"

uWuJLOb.jpg

"ADF Patrol walks past quite close"

Ntgzbal.jpg

"Several unknown ground mobiles move into a castle"

cpRrnx8.jpg

"Meeting the first British units"

zMgKJnM.jpg

"Moving to the exfill zone"

MvweozT.jpg

"Giant 1 coming in"

ZmPpJxP.jpg

lKi9gGA.jpg

Safe! Have I taught you nothing Makinen. You should feel afraid, not only for your own lives but for the lives of all enemies, other friendly forces and wild/domestic animals in the vicinity along with Planet Earth itself.

@Marshall. Holy shit that was close. I wonder which squadron you met.

258709E2E121CB8804FE9CD0D6CDA8801B717077

OPFOR briefing

E880AEDB890ED445BC58E3DFB944E5AC96E4BD3E

QRF on its way to support beaten reservists.

EA598564F6EDBAEE851962D1A15350AA9E3EBF22

Lead vehicle got hit within seconds. Good usage of NLAW.

[Full gallery]

ps. I also recorded some footage from this operation - if I will have enough time to edit it, I upload it to youtube.

Here's what I got:

25EDD84D71B3D68EAA1441273B2B41776F0F938E

Searching for the pilot

13204DF577B69577E907FBC0FC8FC9A6A966D479

Rolling

EA598564F6EDBAEE851962D1A15350AA9E3EBF22

Lead vehicle got hit within seconds. Good usage of NLAW.

Indeed, that was quite scary to see the lead vehicle blow up right in front of me. So I went into a (at least mostly, I hope) hull-down position and put some .50cal around the section on the mountain.

Indeed, that was quite scary to see the lead vehicle blow up right in front of me. So I went into a (at least mostly, I hope) hull-down position and put some .50cal around the section on the mountain.

We had a perfect prepared AT position up there and engaged you guys using volley fire (2x NLAW). We immediately pulled back into defilade afterwards and moved off the position. No casualties. Good thing too, because you did completely deny us the position with your fire. I don't think there would have been anywhere you could have hidden from a team up there (it was a great position) so good thing you kept fire on it for so long that we had no choice but to join the rest of the platoon in retreating.

If I had the chance to do it again I would have waited until you hit the next corner so you would be in range of the two AT4s in the section as well, but having you completely halt in the first bend was way too good of an opportunity to pass up.

No casualties. Good thing too, because you did completely deny us the position with your fire.

That was what I was going for; protecting myself while inflicting as little casualties as possible (we'd been told there's no respawn, so I didn't want to be the dick ruining someone's night), despite one of your AT gunners (Delta NLAW, if I had to guess) practically throwing himself into my line of fire. Kept bobbing up and down, cresting and skylining, and at a few points when he didn't bob up for a while I feared I hit him. :P

That was what I was going for; protecting myself while inflicting as little casualties as possible (we'd been told there's no respawn, so I didn't want to be the dick ruining someone's night), despite one of your AT gunners (Delta NLAW, if I had to guess) practically throwing himself into my line of fire. Kept bobbing up and down, cresting and skylining, and at a few points when he didn't bob up for a while I feared I hit him. :P

You should have shot him. I gave very clear orders that everyone was to move all the way back into defilade behind the mountain, but we did have a few stragglers who tried to stay with the rocks that I had to shout at.

I know it's annoying to get killed and not have respawn, but when you have plenty of time to plan an engagement and there are clear SOPs on how to deal with armor I'd quite like to see people not following them getting punished. :P

I said Glasshouse IV and the last assault was some of the best stuff I've been part of during my time in the community - and then the next op I attend blows it clear out of the water. I dunno what you mission-makers are doing, but baby don't stop.

[video=youtube;ihnYc_8wzfA]

[video=youtube;A81g9-U5Tnw]

[video=youtube;J1nrjjpD-oM]

[video=youtube;E98fmhRIN1Q]

[video=youtube;ULbY125rkLI]

[video=youtube;dCWv9d2i4Dw]

And, since on the walk to Exfil/HLS, I noticed how beautiful Stratis is in the early mornings, I decided cut it to a separate comp.

[video=youtube;qXDHNIamfTY]

That guy you saw bobbing was me, Balkau. Me and Jako got stuck behind the rock when you opened up and wern't able to move without you hitting us. I was bobbing around to see if I could see you to see if I could nail you with an AT4.

2 problems:

1) I didn't have an AT4 and the only one closest to me had just moved behind another rock, and

2) The suppressive fire you laid on was freaking fantastic!

Archived