Exercise Black Pot

Hicks

It is a lovely looking game on high detail isn't it. Even the very best, tip-top systems can't eek a lot more than 40fps out of ArmA2 on maximal settings; it's the new Crysis testbed!

It was untill Metro 2033 came out, that is a true benchmark.

Nice pics, Hicks.

I meant the highest settings man. You can run it without all the bells and whistles but as a benchmark ya gotta crank it up.

Even the newst cards out can't run it very well. In fact hardware reviewers haven't even started to run benchmarks with advanced physx turned on, they say they're waiting untill the hardware actually catches up to the software lol.

I meant the highest settings man. You can run it without all the bells and whistles but as a benchmark ya gotta crank it up.

Even the newst cards out can't run it very well. In fact hardware reviewers haven't even started to run benchmarks with advanced physx turned on, they say they're waiting untill the hardware actually catches up to the software lol.

I've got it on the highest settings.

I didn't even know that the game was DX11, and it obviously didn't tell me that it automatically switches off some features.

All I know is that I've got the game on highest settings, with advanced physx turned on and can say that the game looks fantastic.

They don't. Only the 4xx series and above support DX11 (for nvidia anyway) and you need windows 7.

Seriously though Fuchs, my gtx 260 (about the same performance as 2 8800s) ran metro at a whopping 11fps. All bells and whistles on, that was without DX11. And i'm not the only one who experienced low FPS with everything turned on.

But im not trying to argue or anything, just saying what I've seen with my own 2 eyes.

On a side note, and possibly the start of high jacking this thread, I have been looking up on RO2: HoS and it looks fuckin' awesome! Do you know the reqs on that game yet Fuchs? Looks to be a day 1 purchase for me at the moment.

On a side note, and possibly the start of high jacking this thread, I have been looking up on RO2: HoS and it looks fuckin' awesome! Do you know the reqs on that game yet Fuchs? Looks to be a day 1 purchase for me at the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/

Although those specs are placeholders, TWI has said that a decent dual core and a Shader 3 gfx card should be plenty to run the game at medium settings.

Archived