Brigadine 25th POV FSG 01

Lunn

That tank had been smashing our position with it's main gun and machine gun for a good few minutes, popping in and out of concealment, taking shots, and pulling back, already inflicting a number of T2 casualties and suppressing the entire FSG, as well as actually breaking right through our line at one stage before pulling back again. I switched to my Javelin and stood up as otherwise it would have killed us all (the tank) - and I was injured badly, my character falling to the ground before raising back up again a few seconds later. As I was already a T2 casualty and I already had a good lock on the tank just as it opened up, I decided to take the shot with the Jav, in the hope that my decision would save the lives of the rest of the FSG. Unfortunately due to the insane armour values on the Russian kit this wasn't the case, but in the real world I like to think it would have saved the FSG haha.

I was also dead before the missile was half-way to the target, so it wasn't bad timing!

The Jav has no meaningful back-blast as it pops out the front then initiates the rocket. And it is not one-shot and dump it, like the AT4's it can be reloaded and used again, for whoever was saying they can't be!

Backblast.. it is not moddled realistically Williams I think there is still BB on the model. Also there is a JAV by another mod maker where you can choose to attack for the top BUT you do not see the jav on your back until you come to launch it.

The Javelin really does need to have its damage values looked at again. It should not take that many rockets to destroy a tank like that. One rocket should have made it combat ineffective, two should have blown it to bits.

That tank got hit by 5-6 Javelins over a 20 minute period. It did actually stop firing after the 4th I think.. so the crew probably died but the vehicle didn't look remotely destroyed. We were hitting it head on everytime because there's no top down attack.

+1.. Javelin is a bit shit at the moment.

I do believe, it's the Russian vehicles, NOT the Jav.

After playing on A3 Cherno Wasteland, which uses a lot of the Russian vehicles, messages keep popping up now and again regarding "Extended Armour" and a way to turn them off...

When I see the message again, I will post something up.

That tank got hit by 5-6 Javelins over a 20 minute period. It did actually stop firing after the 4th I think.. so the crew probably died but the vehicle didn't look remotely destroyed. We were hitting it head on everytime because there's no top down attack.

+1.. Javelin is a bit shit at the moment.

Crew was fine. It withdrew. You were hitting the front armour every time.

I do believe, it's the Russian vehicles, NOT the Jav.

After playing on A3 Cherno Wasteland, which uses a lot of the Russian vehicles, messages keep popping up now and again regarding "Extended Armour" and a way to turn them off...

When I see the message again, I will post something up.

Extended armour is already disabled in our missions.

We're working on the Javelin at the moment. Unfortunately no top down attack means the launcher will have to be buffed beyond belief so it effectively knocks out tanks from all angles with a single shot.. like it would if there was Top-down attack. We were looking at the specs for the Javelin and it's a beast.

Did a little research myself. I have discovered much. The Javelin is plenty powerful enough as it is. Its where it locks that's the problem. When you fire it using the guidance system it hardly does anything at all, yet when you fire the rocket without any guidance it smashes everything. Its the lock issue we need to fix.

Archived