Test Video

Hicks

Ideally there would be no music, and we'd just have ambient sound and radio chatter - generation kill style. Sadly, it's a he'll of a lot easier to stick some music in the background! Music also adds pace, which means you can switch camera frequently and not worry too much about linearity. Not necessarily a good thing!

Here comes a comment from a guy that is graphically inept - BUT:

For that IED video (i realize that's not the focus of the discussion right now) - I loved thet simplicity of it. Very clean, very neat. The only thing that struck me was when the Jackal was hit and the game froze up a split second.

However, a solution may be to freeze-frame or extreme (and i mean very very very) slow-motion that bit when it gets flipped over and put a kind of 'futuristic' looking information block over it...

Think an outline of the vehicle with a line going up and out with "Casualty Report:" as heading and then:

T1:

CPL Blahblah

PTE Blahblah

T2:

PTE Blahblah

T4:

PTE Blahblah

something like that hovering over or next to it.

Something similar might be added at the beginning, except with

1 Section Charlie FireTeam

list of names

1 Section Delta Fireteam

list of names

just thinking aloud here :)

I like your idea Harlow. That video is a bit rough around the edges but could easily be re-shot. I'm drawing up a storyboard for a couple of possible short recruitment vids at the mo and as I mentioned yesterday I may be shooting some stuff on Sat but not sure what time yet. I might try and use that idea of yours in one of the new vids ;)

Archived