Between HR

Jonsson

Coming from working Fixed-Wing CAS at my last port of call, what is the framework for the 9-line's you're using? Just as I've not heard of 5 lines before outside of rotary wing CAS. It seems you're doing the same thing as a Type-3 but continuous instead and a strange Type-2 call to me personally. (Type-2 to me is normally when a third party from the FAC/Aircraft provide spotting/sensor information.) As reference, I've got an old video for comparison of a Type-3 engagement from a while back with a Danish FO who's now currently a trainee FAC.

Hmm, interesting. It's a truncated 9-line basically, stripping IP details and elevation out. If you want a detailed break-down, check the FAC document in the 7RHA SOP area, chapter 2. Would be nice to compare notes on TS sometime. ;)

@Stevens Type 1 is when the FAC must have eyes-on the target and aircraft before authorising 'clear hot'. Type 2 is as above but it's eyes-on the target OR aircraft. Type 3 is giving an area and giving control to the pilot. There may still be a fac on the ground. Airbourne FAC would be type 1.

Sort of what Williams said, but not quite. I will just drop it there, it is really not something that is necessary for everyone to know. If anyone is interested, the FAC document is available to everyone and you can always ambush me or Pettersson on TS.

Archived