Aegis X

Pte Morris

Preparing to step off, just before someone found out that they could use Strellas like RPGs. 

uWlE5oA.jpg

Kalithea airport terminal has recently undergone...... redecoration.

The floor is now an interesting new colour called "Hint of 1 platoon"

lBrRAeU.png

aZZSYRs.png

The Russians really wanted to keep that terminal. 

L2bLGsj.png

That last pic... jesus fucking christ... It's at points like these when I'm glad I'm sitting further back with a big gun and don't have to clear buildings.

That was the most intense evening of Arma I have ever had. Managing the rag-tag survivors of 1/1 with 1/2, around 90% of all remaining personnel were injured either T3 or T2 and were holding out. Unable to run but stable enough to fight we had to push through and clear out the remaining handful of enemies holding the far end. Firing UGL's and Grenades down those corridors was terrifying and the moment I stopped a Russian from lighting up Pte Agnel in his ass (from a flank along the outside of the building) whilst my character had bullet induced Parkinsons was insane. Not only did we hold it and stabilise each other for around 40-50 minutes, those that came back didn't fuck around and run off to their sections. They took their LDP position as I assigned and held off against a BMP QRF before 1/1 took the heat off of us long enough to extract the survivors.

War is brutal and that certainly felt fucking brutal. Loved it!

You where pretty much 3 to 1 in the terminal, obviously those odds are in your favour but taking such a large building is going to cost..

Some may think you guys took too many injuries in there but honestly, I didn't expect anything less than what you guys achieved.

I was actually impressed not more of you got fucked in there..

We made two mistakes that cost us lives.

1) 1/2 started to push through 1/1 far too early, we were ordered to get upstairs without knowledge of where those stairs were. This caused us to intertwine with an active engagement. We should have waited for 1/1 to call us in and that's on me.

2) When we took casualties we did the correct thing, destroy the enemy before treatment. The issue then was that we caused congestion by not moving the casualties back far enough when we should have done. This allowed for shrapnel to ricochet down corridors and injure those people more. 

Hindsight we could have done better but overall it was some dam hard fighting from both sides.

You where pretty much 3 to 1 in the terminal, obviously those odds are in your favour but taking such a large building is going to cost..

Some may think you guys took too many injuries in there but honestly, I didn't expect anything less than what you guys achieved.

I was actually impressed not more of you got fucked in there..

Swedish army count 10 attackers per defender in FIBUA to be able to win. 

I think our guys were probably at a significant disadvantage in CQB, mainly because of the ineffectiveness of the L85 against this Russian body armour. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those casualties managed to get a couple rounds into the enemy before being dropped themselves!

@Millar: Ordered minds are not the way of the FST. Chaos is more fun anyway.

@Dahl: 10?! I thought it was 4? With anticipation of heavy casualties, of course. Anyway, 3:1 isn't bad at all. I'm gonna see how much of the BMP slaughter I got on tape before being autocannoned in the face (which IS on tape).

The FDF 'textbook' answer for rough "reasonable numbers" for an offensive move against the enemy are roughly 3-to-1 advantage in woodland terrain, 7-to-1 in urban terrain and 9-to-1 in urban terrain against a fortified enemy. Those numbers are most likely based on numbers pinched from the Yanks, the Brits and NATO in general so I doubt they change much in the UKF manual.

FIBUA is horrific, and the casualty rate for the op is surprisingly accurate which means we must be doing something right. :D

Archived