Sign in to follow this  
Blanthorn

Suspected TeamViewer hack

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4m7ay6/teamviewer_has_been_hacked_they_are_denying/

First: if you have TeamViewer running now, quit it and end the process.

If you have a TeamViewer account / run TeamViewer at startup, you should check your logs (https://www.reddit.com/r/teamviewer/comments/4m5t8e/if_you_were_hacked_look_in_the_teamviewer_logs/), your bank accounts etc. for anything odd.

Most people will not have accounts / won't have it running, so there's less to worry about, but you should probably still uninstall it until it becomes clear what exactly is going on. People are reporting an awful lot of money stolen.

Thanks Blanthorn,

I've been using it for my Arma server but as its now on windows server 2012 i can just remote to it directly and as such i really should just remove it. (and now check the logs too it seems)

That is from quite a while ago. I stand by my recommendation of staying away from it until something concrete happens.

Even if it's as simple as a password breach from another firm - uninstalling it would still fix the problem :) (as would using password managers - time and time again companies have shown themselves completely useless at keeping your passwords secure)