Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cpl Joyce

Bombing In Manchester, UK 23/05/17

Just letting people in the unit know there was a bombing in the centre of manchester at roughly 1030.

so far 19 dead (10 of which are under 18), 50+ wounded.

There was a controlled det on a suspect device.

2 arrests made within 1 hour, in relation to the attack.

I'm okay, so far my friends are all okay, and I'm SO GLAD THAT I TURNED DOWN THE SHIFT THERE 5 DAYS AGO WTF...

(For those who don't know, I work in event security, so I would've possibly been caught up in this shit storm)

I'm just speaking to my colleagues at work with the ambulance service and it's been a very full on night for them. The only (tiny) consolation is that this is an incident that we have prepared for time and time again and the response looked pretty quick and proportionate. Just gotta wait for all of the facts now.

I've got colleagues who do the medical cover at the event. They're alive but pretty shaken.

Waiting to hear all my friends are all right

Beazley and I couldn't get tickets.

This forum was a strange place to find out.

You actually went to get tickets? Didn't think ariana grande was your thing...

I got woken up by about 1000 messages asking if I was working.

22 Confirmed dead now, and the device used sounds similar to the Boston Marathon Bombings. If anyone is in the area, I believe that the hospitals are in need of blood to treat the wounded. 

gent's  im glad to see that all our guys are ok and as are there family's.

BUT please take a moment and think about those that died and if your religious please offer up your prayers for them . 

so sad to here this tragedy. what kind of "loser" would want to bomb a concert full of children. this just shows you what isis scum are. idiots with no brains no remorse and no emotions to anyone or anthing. im so glad of all the public servants who went to the scene and helped. all the taxi drivers offering lifts to families to the hospital. all of UK for standing up to terrorism and not giving in to the fear that they can give and the terror they want. we will not stand to this barbaric acts and we have to do something before another tragic event even is planned! condolences to the families involved in this.

I know that link starts bbc.co.uk but I do shudder when anything ends with source=facebook....  ;)  Keep going about your business folks, no need to start bulk buying dried goods. Everything that can be done to keep you safe is being done.

Mac

The military have been deployed some lads from my unit have gone out to locations. Just to back that up