Sign in to follow this  
Emmet

Equipment requests

All mortar ammunition for combat ops to be checked and replaced with correct class names.

Map tools for officers and NCOs

Section commanders to have no bren mags and more sten in place. Maybe backpack for bren but not sure about weight issues

Maybe binos for the assistant bren gunners as well? Can be hard to see if your buddy is laying down effective fire without them sometimes.

Working Vickers. It's a nightmare trying to suppress with Brens. The ammo is gone in minutes. 

That's a no to Binos for any but officers and SNCOs unless someone can find me a reference to their being issued - a rare and expensive item!

• KSF-1 for all for night map reading please.

• Air dropped crates need to a) be loadable and b) contain bergens (or PIAT bags in the case of the PIAT ammunition) so the contents can be made man-portable easily.

Couple of requests here:

• SSgt Kirwan is requesting a radio, due to the unlikeliness of being accompanied by a signaler.
  • Medical Request - Personal Aid Kit's at our Medical Facilities. Without these Personal Aid Kits we will not be able to fully heal wounded infantry. We don't need them on our person, per se, but having them in a box at where-ever we set up our medical facility will allow us to fix up any evacuated infantry.

Many Thanks,

- Pte Grover (On behalf of the 16CSMR).

A few points on the Vickers behavior that i have noticed during our training:

* When assembling it there is a few different things that can happen

* It teleports to a random spot near where you assembled it, this can be very dangerous if we need to remain unseen as it can teleport out into an open field. if none of the other things in this list happens, then this will happen.

* It can bounce and become unusable, only experienced this once during training.

* It can "teleport" unto the back of the person assembling it making it useless as the person cannot drop it again.

This make the weapon as it stands very unstable to use.

Mortar:

* only able to carry 2 rounds in the backpacks, the gunner is the only one able to use the mortar and thous having a very small number of rounds coming from the mortar. you have to drop the mortar get new rounds into your pack, reenter and setup again before firing again. So right now only 2 round pr. mortar about every 30-40 sec depending on how far away the crate with rounds are.

* unable to carry the wooden crates, meaning we cannot move the crates from the spot they land. and with only being able to carry 2 rounds the limit on rounds would be 14 if everyone is present and only carrying rounds.

since we are unable to "resup" a person in the mortar i suggest a that a larger version of a backpack be used or a redo of the mortar round size, since the "loader" normally would be able to quickly grab rounds from a prepare ground around you.

i believe that is the observations that i have had during training. 

Was going to say but the Major has responded perfectly. Prior to the invasion of Europe drastic measures were taken to acquire enough Binoculars for military service. This included asking the civilian populace to donate their own pair for military use. It was only until around 1945 that, once large quantities of German equipment had been acquired, the War Ministry began producing binoculars specifically for CO's. It would be more common to find allied soldiers with German Zeiss Bino's than a British produced pair!

Pain in the arse I know but unless you can 'acquire' a pair for your assistant gunner/yourself you simply won't get them.

Currently with British Army backpacks in the pack, we can carry from 1 x 60mm shell (Pattern 37 backpack) to 2 x 60mm shell (Bergen). In total from a 5 men mortar team we get maximum 10 shells.

Trying to find out concrete amount of mortar shells a WWII-era mortar team would carry, numbers without given sources indicate about total count about 50 - 60 shells per team. Looking on the FM 7-90 Chapter 9, combat load for a 60mm mortar is about 240 rounds (though can't tell if it's for a platoon of 2 x 3 men mortar team or for the single team).

Therefore we can only carry about 1/6 or 1/5 of total amount of what would WW2 era mortar team carry if no other info crops up that a 5 men mortar team carried about 10 shells for a mortar that can pump out 30 rounds per minute.

Looking through variety of backpacks, I came to conclusion if we have to carry given loads then we need to have Military bag (csa38_CZBatoh4 .... I may misspell it, hard to read small characters from Virtual Arsenal.).

It has ridicoulus Load value, as it can fit probably a truck load of assorted equipment, but it's only backpack that would fit in with the given time period and solve limited carrying capacity of modelled British Army backpacks.

Edited by LCpl Liberts

@ Liberts - if your guys are happy to swear blind that they will only use those CSA bags for mortar ammunition and not take the piss then we can probably arrange for them to be loaded into the mortar ammunition crates.

Request for Backpack/Pack for Bren Gunner role, as currently it's impossible for the assist to give ammo without the Bren gunner having to cancel fire to pick up ammo from the floor.

Bren gunner assistent doesn't have any bren ammo to pass on to the LMG.

I also seemed to have a bomb defusal kit in my backpack, hardly any Lee Enfield ammo and multiple map lights.

Rifleman in 2-1. Third slot down in section role selection after 2IC slot.

Backpack contained wire cutters, defusal kit and 2 demo blocks. Not sure if intentional but left no room for any additional ammo.

Also map tools not working. 

Edited by Pte Griffin

Can we swap 148 Radios, which the screens are currently broken, and give the signallers the 152's. They still work fine.

Edited by Flt Lt Jackson

343s would be easier, no?

Plus, each Sctn does need an 'engineer' slot with demo blocks etc

Wire cutters are a must

it depends on what ranges we want to reach, the PRR's are ok and work fine but the signallers have been using the 148's so I was just wanting to swap them for something of a similar range and capability.

as an addon for jacksons requset can we have a crate with some radios in themmin case we get some that decide they dont want to work i will keep an eye on them and ensure that they do not get out to others and only get used by signalers ,.also dont forget to make the crates able to be moved so i can actually move them to the rv 

Sign in to follow this