Sign in to follow this  
Emmet

Equipment requests

@ Kirwan - we are dropping from the sky. At night. Your first challenge will be to FIND and dropped crates! I suggest radios will not be high on the list of essentials amongst all that..... we need ammo, lots of ammo. And grenades.

Yesterday the crates were not ACE compatible, and we don't have room for more then a resupply - bringing reserve ammunition and equipment other than standard loadout + PIAT/MMGs will not be possible . Will we run back and forth between or are we using some kind of resupp ruck? Ace carry the boxes?

Edited by A/Cpl Kalinsky

If crates are placed through the editor you can force enabling of ace dragging/ carrying. Add these lines to the objects init 

[this, true, [0,1,1], 0] call ace_dragging_fnc_setCarryable;
[this, true, [0,0,0], 0] call ace_dragging_fnc_setDraggable;
Edited by Pte Grey

There will be bergens available in the crates. We will need to move the majority of ammunition by that method and cache the bergens as required until we can acquire some M/T and load crates or ammo that way.

That means everyone will need to do their bit on working parties to rapidly move ammunition and other supplies when required. Reserve Sctns in particular can expect to follow up an assault by moving up caches to allow us to consolidate on a new position.

If crates are placed through the editor you can force enabling of ace dragging/ carrying. Add these lines to the objects init 

[this, true, [0,1,1], 0] call ace_dragging_fnc_setCarryable;
[this, true, [0,0,0], 0] call ace_dragging_fnc_setDraggable;

Fixed the issue...crates can now be moved. Thank you Grey. 

If you want camouflage faces for the op you have 2 options :

1: 

Add the cam cream item to everyone's inventory and let them apply it themselves

- Classname : `16aa_Weapon_Item_FacePaint`

2:

Force the application of cam cream through the units init in the editor

- `[this] call LSR_facepaint_fnc_applyFacePaint`

If you want camouflage faces for the op you have 2 options :

We're starting in the air, so the latter one makes more sense.

If anyone is tempted to do the latter one by hand in the editor, please contact me / send me the mission instead, because I can do it in about 30 seconds with find & replace.

@ Blanthorn - please get in touch with Leadbitter direct and apply that function to all Allied Units for the mission.

Question: will the new bayonets work in WW2?

Nope, currently there is only the modern L3A1 bayonet which only fits on the L85 + L129

For Sundays op can we get ammo for the Webleys? I drew my pistol last night tried to fire and nothing... Luckily the bugger was swiftly dropped though.

Sign in to follow this