Operation Myriad IX - Video

Hicks

I know, I know, you don't like the music! It was a bit of an experiment and I have to say I'm not convinced, but I have the raw footage still. Without the music it was a bit boring and didn't hold together too well.

EDIT: Hmm, it appears that vimeo has somehow added extra bloom effects, which is annoying but is somewhat countered by viewing in HD.

Nice vid - it got quite dark in places (so you couldn't really see anything) but I liked it.

p.s. Requiem, Op. 48: Introit Et Kyrie - spotify:track:0lBVyYWLRhEn8CMC0MeLOW : would sound good in the background if timed right :)

Nice vid - it got quite dark in places (so you couldn't really see anything) but I liked it.

Yeah I noticed that it gets very dark. Annoyingly, I think that is a biproduct of the additional bloom which appeared from nowhere (well, it appeared once I'd uploaded the video to vimeo..).

p.s. Requiem, Op. 48: Introit Et Kyrie - spotify:track:0lBVyYWLRhEn8CMC0MeLOW : would sound good in the background if timed right :)

Just gave this a listen - I like it :) I think it needs some epic footage though. I'll definitely bear it in mind for future videos. Keep the music suggestions coming though, sometimes I just can't think of anything suitable. If only Hans Zimmer would take the time to produce a few tracks just for me!

I loved the video, and I loved the music . . . win, as they say.

seriously - this shows all the stuff we do well, I think, and gives a really good idea of the scale of the op and professionalism of those involved - front page material!

You left out the medevac, and for reasons I understand :D

Very nice, I liked it. Would've been nothing short of a superb 16AA recruitment video, if the bloom had been a touch reduced. Do you run HDR on VH, and postproc effects kinda high? The two combined produce a lot of bloom, but not sure how to get it in modest amounts.

I'll go ahead and link this to some mates if you don't mind.

As mentioned above, the bloom was added when I uploaded the video - really bizarre. It looks great when I play it locally! If I get time I'll reduce the contrast and upload to youtube. Feel free to link it wherever you like!

Archived