Op Watchtower III

Flynn

The last screenshot in the first post here. That squad went across the river (right at the end of the Op) to clear any missed/hiding japs. I was on the MG behind the tree near the bridge to cover their advance. Although after a while i lost them in the trees, then all hell broke loose again XD. The squad fell back to the beach, but among them (which no-one had noticed) was either a jap sniper in a ghille or someone of ours had taken the ghille suit off a body. Either way I had to open fire, narrowly missing the rest of the squad which were meters away from him on each side. At which point they all lay down for cover and pointed rifles at me, probably thinking why's MacDougall shooting at us XD.

Anyway, if anyone in the squad who crossed at the river can tell me what happened on your side that'd be nice.

MacD

51 minutes ago, Rec MacDougall said:

The last screenshot in the first post here. That squad went across the river (right at the end of the Op) to clear any missed/hiding japs. I was on the MG behind the tree near the bridge to cover their advance. Although after a while i lost them in the trees, then all hell broke loose again XD. The squad fell back to the beach, but among them (which no-one had noticed) was either a jap sniper in a ghille or someone of ours had taken the ghille suit off a body. Either way I had to open fire, narrowly missing the rest of the squad which were meters away from him on each side. At which point they all lay down for cover and pointed rifles at me, probably thinking why's MacDougall shooting at us XD.

Anyway, if anyone in the squad who crossed at the river can tell me what happened on your side that'd be nice.

MacD

If anyone from our side took the ghillie suit than he got whathe deserved. :)

We came up on the abandoned MG position on top of the opposing defilade and the Japanese were lying in ambush somewhat in the open (as much as jungle can be open) a few meters behind that. We spotted them first (or perhaps they were holding for us to get closer) because I had time to drop two prone ones in the grass with the Thompson before going to yell to let people know what was up. Grenades started flying, probably from both sides, and now everyone was crawling around on the ground. I think we got them pretty good, but someone ran up on us from the beach on the left. It had looked really empty and Gustafsson was covering that way, but I guess the Japanese had a guy pushed forward behind a tree or something. I got hit in the leg, passed out, and when I came to a few moments later I was shot again from what seemed to be the rear so I'm guessing that enemy was all up in us.

26 minutes ago, Pte Johnsen said:

We came up on the abandoned MG position on top of the opposing defilade and the Japanese were lying in ambush somewhat in the open (as much as jungle can be open) a few meters behind that. We spotted them first (or perhaps they were holding for us to get closer) because I had time to drop two prone ones in the grass with the Thompson before going to yell to let people know what was up. Grenades started flying, probably from both sides, and now everyone was crawling around on the ground. I think we got them pretty good, but someone ran up on us from the beach on the left. It had looked really empty and Gustafsson was covering that way, but I guess the Japanese had a guy pushed forward behind a tree or something. I got hit in the leg, passed out, and when I came to a few moments later I was shot again from what seemed to be the rear so I'm guessing that enemy was all up in us.

I was covering that way but was knocked unconscious my friend! When I came to, everyone had already retreated to the beach, and I came running screaming "LUMINOUS"

Archived