Sign in to follow this  
Beafush

Some questions about the clan

First do the clan have a storry?
As in when I tryed to start my own ArmA 3 clan up bag in the day, the clan had a storry that the missions was build arund.
As we was players from all over the world the unit did not belong to a contry, but was kind of a mercenary unit.
The unit was not a elit unit, as alot of them there joind had never ben in the military, and there for wud not have the realistic knowledge of a elit unit.

Second thing.
links in STOP! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS. Do not work, so if my first question is there, I am sorry, but I cant open the links.

Third question.
As I am dyslexic, and you guys have a relly large forum hehe, I think it is faster for me to ask for a little help here.
I like to know if you have some where, you have the commands you use, and what they mean.
As I know there is a military hand book with all the lovly info, but I know as well, units even in real life, kind of make there own, as it works better for them.
So if you guys have somthing like that will be great.
Little like the pic I upladed.

Just so I can get as fast up to spead on how you work.

movement-formations.png

I don't think we have much of a story. Though, you will see that members of the community earn 'medals' for each op that they have completed so you could say we have a story from traveling through all our operations. Additionally, as we are based on a real brigade. Their whole formation story is our story although we rarely will do historical ops based on that we have been known to portray early elements of the parachute regiment at D-Day etc. For your second point, issues with the new forum are posted HERE. As for the 3rd part, you can find all our standing orders HERE although after skimming through some of the platoons SOPs it looks like they may need fixing as there is not much there.

Hope that helps. 

Ok,

The unit is based up the real 16 Air Assault Brigade formed in September 1999, we usually role as one of the Parachute elements of that Brigade. We are a MILSIM unit, not a clan. We try in every way possible to emulate real life military practices wherever possible.

Dont panic about formations and SOP's and all that jazz. Just listen and watch one guy from your section who you think is the most switched on. You have been placed in a decent section, so it shouldn't be hard. 

Things you will learn straight off are

• Kirwin cant drive
  • McPherson will take the most gucci gear his sticky fingers can get hold of
  • Bradley was flying the heli that crashed
  • Yes, Juul really did just say that
  • Family dinners are important to the Sendalls
  • I have too many children

Welcome to the unit buddy and dont stress, tis but a game.

Yes, Unit not Clan please. 

Thabks for the heads up on the SOPs - I have quickly re-added some key images. More to follow when I can unlock the relevant threads. 

Scarle’s advice is good - but the SOPs are there for a reason. You’ll be taught the basics in your P1 training, but to be really effective in the field you’ll need to understand and use these SOPs, and know when to bend them to suit the tactical situation. 

We are a MilSim Unit, but we’re not just following military SOPs for the hell of it, we’re using them because they have been refined over years by many different militaries, and because they work - both in real life and in game. 

Remember. 

PREWAR

REEF

AEET

And you might just make it to the next RV intact....

You can find our past Operations in the Operations forum area.
The archives contain the older stuff. (I just realized we are on our 9th year of Operations.)

I've updated the thread you linked too, most of it can be found either in the forum Navbar or on our landing page https://16aa.net/
I'll probably delete the thread within the next day or two, it doesn't serve much of a purpose any more and is more a left-over from older times.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Sgt Scarle said:

Ok,

The unit is based up the real 16 Air Assault Brigade formed in September 1999, we usually role as one of the Parachute elements of that Brigade. We are a MILSIM unit, not a clan. We try in every way possible to emulate real life military practices wherever possible.

Dont panic about formations and SOP's and all that jazz. Just listen and watch one guy from your section who you think is the most switched on. You have been placed in a decent section, so it shouldn't be hard. 

Things you will learn straight off are

• Kirwin cant drive
  • McPherson will take the most gucci gear his sticky fingers can get hold of
  • Bradley was flying the heli that crashed
  • Yes, Juul really did just say that
  • Family dinners are important to the Sendalls
  • I have too many children

Welcome to the unit buddy and dont stress, tis but a game.

Indeed very decent section. :D

Thought that was Millar to be honest.