Sign in to follow this  
Flynn

Squad - British Update

Was just scanning the squad forums and the January 2018 showcase has shown more screenshots and video of the upcoming British forces. Thought i'd share with the group. (Apparently the Hornbill ACOG and LSW will be replaced in future updates so don't fret about them being additions.) Can't tell if the osprey has been replaced with virtus due to the fucking pouch admin.

Heres the thread for anyone interested: http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/30764-january-2018-recap/

brit3.jpg

"A faction teased since the beginning of the Kickstarter, the Brits have been stewing away for quite some time now and they're almost ready to make war. With their own array of weapons, uniform and armament, they will prove to be another flavour on an already rich battlefield. #Melbolyfe""

brit1.jpg

brit2.jpg

brit4.jpg

brit5.jpg

-----

Looks interesting, they have confirmed it will be coming to Alpha 10 so it's looking promising.

Should talk Tebbs into selling them his uniforms and weapons as they look much nicer than what they have!

May play this if a number of people are looking to get in on a Brit squad session.

I was wondering how they’d deal with optics on the L85’s. I haven’t played it for a while but remember that only a couple of magnified optics are available per squad? Seems a bit weird for most of the British army to be running iron sights.

Stuff like that is part of the problem I have with Squad to be honest. I’ve been playing Arma too long in a milsim environment not to get a bit frustrated by games like Squad. To me it feels like some sort of guerilla warfare simulator. 

It can be good though if you’re not an old fun sponge like me and I’d probably jump on if a few of us were playing. 

I've had Squad for a while now and never actually played it but this is encouraging me to give it a go. But like most folk have said already if a few are playing i'll come along.

What this game needs for enjoyment is a squad of people who aren't incompetent (like most of the randoms). A full squad of us lads would be seriously fun

I have a lot of fun on this game. I find if you get on at the right time(late evenings) the standard improves. I would not recommend playing this as soon as the update drops though, the sheer amount of NOOBs who influx this game and fuck everyone's game plan  becomes very tedious on any major update or steam sale.

V10 is meant to get released tomorrow, don't know if the British will be part of the update (Doubt it due to unfinished textures and assets) Atleast we'll get better animations, bipods and the M240B!

On 2/4/2018 at 3:13 PM, Pte Knudsen said:

*cough* contribute to server maintenance *cough*

*whistling*

You'll have to prod and remind me - I'll forget otherwise.