Sign in to follow this  
Johnsen

Best of 16AA / Nostalgia

BTW just me or did A2 look much better than A3?

(ignore Apos' images, he always made it look way better!)

A lot of the ArmA 2 stuff is amazing, but to be fair, the vanilla ARMA 3 assets and especially the maps are really pretty, we just rarely use them. I think people soured on them because of the transition and the sci-fi stuff. If Bohemia had the money for asset licencing a present day Greece/NATO vs Turkey/Russia campaign could have been great. That Malden map that arrived recently as free DLC is also really great, and has terrain that is scarily reminiscent of Croatia. Unfortunately, because they all have such a distinct identity they're kind of hard to use. An excellent effort was made to adapt Tanoa to a WW2 setting this Christmas, so if you were not there check some of those videos out.

Ha Ha!

Remember we used to allow 3rd person? Remember how much hassle it caused (both times) when I suggested we should burn it with fire?

Christ.

Should never have ditched the MTP though.

I already posted a video from this operation, but it remains one of the most atmospheric moments from my time in the 16AA.

The Blastcore explosions could be a bit over the top, but the JDAMS were spot on, as were 1-Flight in this clip.

Edited by Pte Johnsen

25 minutes ago, Pte Oliver said:

I presume you mean the DPM? ;)

Erm, yeah. I did. Just had a little moment there when confronted by such a beautiful sight. You know how it is...

:wub:

Is it wrong that I'm sitting here at 01:45 at night with a beer in my hand, watching these 16AA videos like some sad cunt who misses that one girl that mattered?

13 minutes ago, Makinen said:

Is it wrong that I'm sitting here at 01:45 at night with a beer in my hand, watching these 16AA videos like some sad cunt who misses that one girl that mattered?

No more than me still being here. 

I'll throw my pick into the ring:

From an atmospheric perspective, I think that was a great introduction to Cromwell. Us landing under fire and sprinting inside the compound during a mortar attack really set the tone for the campaign.

Edited by Evans D

Oh your name is David. I always thought the D was for Disconnecting. 

(for those not in the know, Evans was cursed with a bad internet connection. "Pte Evans D is losing connection" was a regular sight during an op)

Kinda, you were a hell of a fighter during the moments where you were up to speed. A tank killer.

Damn bloody right. We made a good team, you and I. All this makes me wish for more time off and a more stable internet connection.

It's funny how you can watch old vids like these and hear voices you haven't heard in ages and you know exactly who it is. 

Anyone got a clip of that south african bloke that had the catchphrase "Alright Gents"

7 hours ago, Plt Off Clayton said:

It's funny how you can watch old vids like these and hear voices you haven't heard in ages and you know exactly who it is. 

Anyone got a clip of that south african bloke that had the catchphrase "Alright Gents"

You talking about Craig, IC Flight?

Nah man that was almost Fields catchphrase. That and calling everyone a fucking testtube baby. 

Also Evans hoofing that AT4 into that minaret and the entire Mosque collapsing was possibly one of my funniest memories. 

Ok, time for my own defence:

I fired at a technical that may or may not have had an RPG strapped to the back of it and when it exploded it may or may not have cooked off all the ammo. The resulting detonation may or may not have destroyed a mosque, 3 or 4 more technicals, an unknown number of insurgents, half of 1 platoon and a few elements of 2 platoon.

I mean, if you're keeping score I still claim that to be the biggest shot-to-kill ratio that's ever been achieved in the history of this unit and I will feel damned proud because of it!

8 hours ago, Cpl Scarle said:

Nah man that was almost Fields catchphrase. That and calling everyone a fucking testtube baby. 

Also Evans hoofing that AT4 into that minaret and the entire Mosque collapsing was possibly one of my funniest memories. 

Haha yeah it's CSM Field

Some cracking memories in here gents. ArmA2 was a beast to keep stable as Knudsen pointed out but it really was worth it. Still miss those old 1/3 days with the drunken illegal baker Buliga and the gang. Anyone remember the disappearing act of LCpl Sanders?

I just seen this thread......I love this thread  :-)

*I'm a little intoxicated - However, I still love this thread

Edited by Dodge

Sign in to follow this