Sign in to follow this  
Symonds

History Survey

Hey Gents! 

So I'm doing a history research project for a course at college and need some help with getting a survey filled out. I got the survey done just need some monkeys I mean people to fill it out! Shouldn't take too long to do as it's only ten questions that range from yes/no ones to simple agree/disagree ones. So if you got like ten minutes or so and have an interest in the First World War feel free to use the link below to fill it out and help a young lad out. 

Thanks in advance!

The link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XBL5XYP 

Symonds

To be fair dude you need to have a fairly in-depth knowledge of Passchendaele to answer a lot of that. Im not ashamed to admit I had to go and read up on some stuff to answer it.

Its up to you buddy, its your work. If it were me I would make it based on basic knowledge of WW1. You will probably get more answers.

I'd agree with Scarle's post.

I completed the questionnaire but only understood the majority due to having to go over the numerous (5 i believe) battles of Ypres in depth whilst in school all those years ago so have retained a brief knowledge on it.

Not so much in the form of the U-Boat side of things though.

CHeers for the comments lads! So what do you think needs changing precisely? Problem is I have gained a lot of knowledge bout the battles recently so i'm not sure what to cut and what to keep?

Right thank you for the advice lads. In answer to your question Blanthorn I am trying to work out what peoples basic knowledge and opinion is around the Somme and Passchendaele battles but have shortened that now to just the Somme as it appears that Passchendaele is not very well known! So here is a simplified version of the survey that I hope is easier to answer! Thank you to those of you who have already answered the previous! 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PXKKPW8 

One thing. Question 2 talks about the poor conditions of the Somme. Do you mean the Somme or do you mean Paschendale/Ypres? Conditions on the Somme were relatively good excusing the ungodly amounts of artillery and ongoing war. That and I am fairly sure the first survey mentioned the same thing except in the context of Paschendale/Ypres.

yeah just writing similar, not sure how to answer that one, not sure whether to agree that its representative as do consider other areas to be poor, or to disagree that its representative as do not consider somme to have been poor

Edited by Pte Oliver