10A - Lt Macdonald.

20A - TBC

30A - TBC

41A - Cpl Scarle

44A - A/LCpl Krauser

Widow 70 - Sgt Smith

II. GROUND

In Detail:

Our Area of Operations is the region of Kidal in northern Mali. The area is mainly made up of desert, with a number of smaller settlements and towns, including the regional capital of Kidal. 

III. SITUATION
Without warning a number of strikes took place in the center of Kidal, including a suicide bombing at a marketplace. Local forces have lost control of the market and its surroundings, allowing the insurgency forces to take the market.

ENEMY FORCES

INTSUM

Known positions: Unknown (Marketplace center of town)
Strength: J2 assess insurgency groups in the region to be strong but fragmented, enemy units can operate up to platoon strength. 
Morale: Assessed as High. Attacks appear coordinated and successfull so far
Small arms: Generally AK type small arms up to 14.5mm of Russian manufacture but with some older western FN type armaments being displayed. 
Hvy Weapons: RPG7 or variants and 82mm mortars are likely.
Vehicles: Civilian vehicles, motorcycles or technicals on the roads but highly unlikely on the dunes.
Aircraft: Not likely
Air Threat: Small Arms and RPGs
IED Threat: High

FRIENDLY FORCES 

Remainder A Coy + Atts

JHC Blackhawks and littlebirds at GAO AFB

IV. MISSION

We will conduct a FIGHTING PATROL into the marketplace and clear it of enemy activity. 

V. EXECUTION

This will be a 4 phase operation.

PHASE 1

We will advance into a staging area short of the marketplace. A/1 will move by vehicle along the MSR into the staging area and link up with a FAMa commander. 4/1 will move with the convoy in rotary wing transport and provide QRF for the forces on the ground.

Toygd2w.jpg

PHASE 2

A/1 push forward and secure OBJ BUFFALO and OBJ HIPPO by force. 4/1 will deploy sniper teams at 10A discretion.

Concurrent, FAMa will set up roadblocks North and south of MSR SERPENT, EAST of ASR CHEVALLE and AST TURTOISE in order to cordon the area.

YW0Wn7w.jpg

PHASE 3

Once OBJ BUFFALO and OBJ HIPPO has been secured A/1 will send out a detatchment to secure and set up an HLS at OBJ GIRAFF in order to secure a CASEVAC chain. FAMa will attempt to tighten the cordon.

PHASE 4

Once we have secured objectives we will defend them and aid civilian casualties until reenforced by local forces. Anticipate a lenghty wait as FAMa can be unpredictable on their timings. 

VI. ROE

NATO 429

VII. CSS
i. Dress: CEFO, MC and PPE.
ii. Equipment: C-IED, Medical, breaching, fastrope
ii. Weapons: As per SOP (4/1 longrifles)
iv. Ammo: As per SOP
v. Meds/CMT: CSMR are to operate as per SOP.

IX. CO-ORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS
Geared up and ready to move NLT 1915, expect O-Group at 1900

X. COMMAND AND SIGNAL
i. Command: Capt Silbot (0A), Lt Macdonald (10A).
ii. Signals: 148/117 Channels; 1 Pltn Net Channel 1, Coy net Channel 3, Log Net Channel 4, Fires Net Channel 5, Flight net Channel 7.
iii. Challenge/Response: TAYLOR / SWIFT

iv. R&U: 41A, 44A, IC JHC

Edited by Capt Silbot