Sign in to follow this  
Pte Blanthorn

Operation VELVET I 301900ZSEP18

OPERATION ORDER

TO: A COY 2 PARA BN
SUBJECT: Operation Velvet I 301900ZSEP18

++++++++++++++BEGINS++++++++++++++++

I. SITUATION

A splinter group of the Altis Armed Forces have taken over KAVALA with the backing of a unknown source. They have now declared KAVALA as FIA territory. KAVALA police have surrounded the town and attempted to retake it without success. While large majority of the civilian population have fled to camps in the nearby towns set up by the Altis Government and guarded by AAF, there is still a number of civilians within KAVALA. The AAF have resorted to the use of Artillery and MLRS systems in an attempt to demoralise the FIA and as such around a dozen FIA have already surrendered to AAF forces.

II. GROUND

Tight streets and urban environment within KAVALA. Hilly areas give way to agricultural land interspersed with small villages and towns outside KAVALA.

3WrgnLg.jpg

KNOWN BARRICADES are marked in BLUE. Likely location of EN HQ is within BLACK BORDER.

III. ENEMY FORCES 

Believed to be no more than 2 platoons of infantry with limited ammo and technicals. LOW possibility of IEDs. HIGH possibility of snipers. NO air assets. LOW possibility anti-air units.

IV. FRIENDLY FORCES

We have friendly forces of Kavala police and elements of the Altis Armed Forces, both are considered low quality troops, we have no information on the location or activity of the IDF that the AAF have been using. We have air support available.

V. PROBABLE OWN MISSION

Conduct assault on Kavala, remove enemy forces and return control to the Kavala police and Altis government.

VI. IN DETAIL

We will approach from the south of Kavala and push through the streets, clearing houses as we go, once the hospital to the east of Kavala has been secured, we will move towards the dockyard in the west of the town, it is believed that the command structure is hold out in one these buildings and once removed or captured that the remaining forces will surrender or flee by land and boats.

Civilians are known to still be in the area and a large amount of the city has taken heavy damage from government artillery.

KAVALA police will continue to hold a perimeter around the city and elements of the AAF with push into KAVALA from the north. In the event of heavy resistance, the AAF will secure the northern and centre sections of KAVALA as well as the hospital which 1st Platoon push towards the dockyard.

VII. CSS

i. Dress: CEFO, MTP and PPE.

ii. Equipment: SOP 

iii. Weapons. SOP
v. Meds/CMT: As per SOP
vi. POW & Detainees: Report to 10A.

IX. COMMAND AND SIGNAL
i. Command: Capt Silbot (0A), Lt MacDonald (10A)
ii. Signals: 148/117 Channels; 1 Pltn net channel 1, Coy net channel 3, Log net channel 4, Fires net channel 5, Flight net channel 6.
iii. Challenge/Response: PAPA ALPHA / ROMEO ALPHA

+++++++++++++++ENDS+++++++++++++++++

Edited by Pte Blanthorn
Added map data

Sign in to follow this