Time: 0330L

Weather: cold and foggy at dusk and dawn; hot and sunny during the day

Current pos: FOB KEYSTONE

TASK ORG:

0A - Lt Silbot

10A - 2Lt MacDonald

41A - A/LCpl Cullen

II. GROUND

Limited high ground with dirt roads connecting compounds, gives way to fields with trees and shallow ditches lining the boundaries. Roads are limited in the lowlands and connect mud-walled compounds.

III. SITUATION

With 4 days remaining in our rotation of Operation Resolute Support, we would normally be preparing our gear and equipment ready to hand over Camp Fulmar, FOB Skua, FOB Keystone and Outpost Nevis. However with the disappearance of Pte Toonen all installations are on high alert. Due to the speed in which it was constructed, FOB Keystone lacked critical protection and defences which would have prevented many elements of the Taliban attack.

According to ANA intel, the 3 most likely places Pte Toonen will have been taken to are as follows:

The village of Pradesh is located north west of the now demolished Tal Kar and is considered in the friendly area of influence.

The enemy stronghold of Kamar is junction used by the enemy to access Andi along with the areas surrounding Chahar Dara and Kar Shek, it is possible he has been taken here ready to be moved elsewhere when possible.

There is a cave to the north of Kar Shek that is used regularly by traffickers as a storage location. It is believed that the traffickers pay the ANP to ignore it.

It is possible but unlikely that Pte Toonen is located behind our lines within a Taliban cell, however every possibility is being considered.

After an agreement between BN HQ and the ANA, the ANA have agreed to conduct an assault on Andi during the early hours of the morning in order to pull any fighters or resources away from our search and rescue operations.

ENEMY FORCES

Strength: J2 assessed as Coy Strength remaining in our AO.

Morale: Assessed as reasonable

Small arms: Generally AK type small arms up to 14.5mm of Russian manufacture but with some older western FN type armaments being displayed.

Hvy Weapons: RPG7 or variants and 82mm mortars are likely.

Vehicles: Civilian vehicles or technicals

Aircraft: Not likely

Air Threat: Not likely

Mine Threat: LOW in general but assume HIGH IED threat in areas of interest.

FRIENDLY FORCES

A Coy 2 Plt with be stationed at FOB SKUA, 3 Plt will be on standby at Camp FULMAR.

ANA understrength Coy in the AO.

ANP Patrols in the AO.

Air assets are available.

IV. MISSION

We are to conduct a search and rescue operation at dawn to locate and extract Pte Toonen who was captured during the previous Taliban assault on the newly created FOB Keystone.

Pte Toonen is believed to be in Pradesh, Kamar or a cave system north of Kar Shek.

Whilst we conduct this operation, the ANA will conduct a dawn assault on Andi with the objective of capturing and securing both Andi and Kamar. Both are considered enemy strongholds.

After completing our search and rescue operation and A Coy is secure back at FOB Keystone, we will prep for extraction and hand over of all installations to the incoming UN troops and US army rangers.

V. EXECUTION

Orders from Lt Silbot/2Lt MacDonald to follow.

VI. ROE

Card ALPHA. People live and work in this AO and we are not here to disrupt that. I expect sighting reports to be coming to me before anyone starts engaging targets unless there is a clear and immediate threat to life.

VII. CSS

i. Dress: CEFO, MTP and PPE.

ii. Equipment: As per SOP

iii. Weapons: As per SOP

iv. Ammo: As per SOP

v. Meds/CMT: CSMR are to operate as per SOP.

IIX. COMMAND AND SIGNAL

i. Command: Lt Silbot (0A),  2Lt MacDonald (10A)

ii. Signals: 148/117 Channels; 1 Pltn Net Channel 1, Coy net Channel 3, Log Net Channel 4, Fires Net Channel 5, Flight net Channel 7.

iii. Challenge/Response: SIERRA NOVEMBER / OSCAR WHISKY

+++++++++++++++++ENDS+++++++++++++++++