Assault on Objective Eclair 17JUL2011

Cage

Impressive stuff 3 Sec - very cool under fire.

Struck me how short the whole engagement seemed - it felt like a very long time when we were on the ground.

The engagement lasted over 1 hour, as I got 1 hour of footage. I only started frapsing when we went into line formation (first part of part 1). So we were quite a long time on the ground.

Great Job 3 SEC, CPL Taylor you train your men well.

Cage, I notice that you use 16AA's steamgroup logo, which is quite small. If you want higher resolution graphic, send me a PM.

Well, I've tried to make a pack of HQ logos, and posted them in the Logistics (like I've been told), but the thread never got approved by moderator.

Link

Interesting use of 3rd person view. Thanks mate for posting this up. Fasinating to view the game from that perspective.

I would prefer it in first person, personally; but good job. Any chance of getting some video's up on vimeo? preferably with a 16AA intro/watermark?

Maybe. If I get the time for it.

I always lose my sense of direction when in first person. For combat it's good, but while moving, espessially in formation, I lose track of (almost) everything. That's why I use third person.

Do you use TrackIR? I'll admit it's a lot easier to just swing your head around and see who is next to you. Without it I would struggle in first person. Communication is also a good way of learning where the guys around you are though. Obviously it's an entirely individual choice which perspective you use! Just looks cool to see the mission from an individual's 'eyes'. Either way, keep up the good work with the videos! They're awesome!

Maybe. If I get the time for it.

I always lose my sense of direction when in first person. For combat it's good, but while moving, espessially in formation, I lose track of (almost) everything. That's why I use third person.

ST HUD mate, download and install it to make your game (more real) easier.