OPERATION LYNX II 292000ZMAR20

FragO OPERATION LYNX II

TO: 1 Plt, A COY, 2 PARA BN.

SUBJECT: OPERATION LYNX I 292000ZMAR20

++++++++++++++++++BEGINS++++++++++++++++++

I. PRELIMS

TIME: 1400L 05 November 2020    

WEATHER: Clear skies, heavy fog, chance of snow    

CURRENT POS: Norrbotten, Sweden (Air space)   

TASK ORG;
10A: Lt Silbot
10B: Sgt Scarle

11C: Cpl Ainsley    
12C: Cpl Joyce
13C: Cpl McPherson    
41A: Cpl Cullen
44A: A/LCpl Tasner

II. SITUATION

After Russian forces crossed the borders of Georgia, Ukraine and Belarus they have come to a halt facing NATO forces in a military and political standoff. While the conflict is currently on hold along the eastern border, satellite images indicate additional troop movement to the north, pointing to an imminent attack at the northern borders. 

As Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian forces scramble to allocate troops towards the border, A company is tasked to perform sabotage operations in order to delay the Russian advance.
Local forces will provide air-, artillery and logistical support.

We are very much at war, our actions will inevitably decide the outcome of our future, time to step up and get the job done!     

i. GROUND

In General: RIKSGRÄNSEN stretches along the northern borders of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia and makes up over 500km of borders. We are facing a harsh environment with temperatures reaching -45 degrees celsius, heavy snowfall and strong winds. The terrain mostly consists of mountain ranges, dense forests and few road networks, all covered in deep snow. To our advantage the terrain is channelizing and the enemy is forced to use hard ground to advance inland. 

In Detail: We will operate from F21 Airbase which is located in the town of LULEÅ in Sweden. From there, we will run air assault and support operations to assist the Scandinavian forces with sabotage operations. Swedish and Norwegian air force squadrons will fly sorties against identified enemy forces and keep the air clear of enemy aircraft.

ii. ENEMY FORCES

Known & Suspected En. Positions: The Russians are going to deploy along the coast and will be forced to make their landing at specific locations in order to avoid the ice covered sea. They will be vulnerable during their landing and during the initial advance inland.    
Strength: Assessed as approximately 1 Marine Infantry Brigade strength although an unknown number of support units are to be expected.    

Morale: High.    

Weaponry: Modern Russian equipment, including equipment from the RATNIK program: AK-12s, PKPs, Modernized RPKs, etc. Caliber up to 12.5mm.

IDF: No capability in country, but has long range cruise missiles at their disposal.    

Vehicles: The Russians have a large amount of BTR90s, BRDMs, BMPs, and other armored and light vehicles.    

Aircraft: Russian rotary air units can become active in the AO.    

Mine/IED Threat: LOW.    

iii. ENEMY INTENT

To take control of RIKSGRÄNSEN and advance further into scandinavia.

iv. FRIENDLY FORCES

A Coy based at F21 Airbase
213th Fighter squadron based at F21 Airbase
191st Armoured Bn based at I19 Reg
41st Armoured Bn based at I19 Reg
92nd Artillery Bn based at A9 Reg
Nord Bde based in Bardufoss
Lapin Jääkärti bn based in finnish Lappland
1. Ilmatorjuntapatteri based in finnish Lappland
As well as smaller units in supporting roles

III. MISSION

Hold RIKSGRÄNSEN for at least 4 hours in order to delay the enemy advance and open up for a counter attack.

IV. OWN MAIN EFFORT

This will be a 3 phase operation!

Phase 1

We will join the company lines and assume defensive positions in our platoon area between HÖÖPAKKA and KANGAS.

3 Plt will be on our right, east of KANGAS.
2 Plt will be on our left, South west of HÖÖPAKKA

k7OuSak.jpg

Phase 2

1 Plt will hold the line and destroy any advancing enemy forces.
1/1 will be on the left, 1/2 in the center, 1/3 on the right.

4/1 will act as a dynamic support, enforcing the lines where it is needed, main focus is AT.
gnTF0Bd.jpg

Phase 3

Once the main enemy effort has been repelled and local forces have arrived in concentration, we will support a friendly counter attack.

Guidelines 

The enemy assault will likely come in waves, take the opportunity to rearm and evacuate casualties when we aren’t directly in contact.

Utilize VJ to provide support where applicable.

Local forces can and will be in the area, positively id all your targets.

VI. ORDERS GROUP

Time: 2010GMT

VII. CSS

Dress: CEFO, Winter uniforms & PPE.

Equipment: LRF, entrenching tools.

Weapons: As per SOP.

Ammo: As per SOP.

Meds: CTM and CSMR.

POWs / Detainees: No prisoners will be taken.

VIII. COMMAND AND SIGNAL

i. Command: Lt Silbot (10A), Sgt Scarle (10B), Cpl Ainsley (11C), Cpl Cullen (41A).

ii. Signals: 148/117 Channels; 1 Plt Net Channel 1, 2 Plt Net Channel 2, 3 Plt Net Channel 3, Logistics Net Channel 4, Coy Net Channel 5, Fires Net Channel 6, Flight Net Channel 7.

iii. Challenge/Response: Oscar Lima / Alpha Foxtrot

++++++++++++++++++ENDS++++++++++++++++++

Edited by Lt Silbot
Formatting bleh

Apologies for the lack of pictures. As I am away working I have no opportunity to provide those at this time, they will however appear sometime on sunday evening.