21 September 2011

Hones

Great Video - really nice to study how the orders and co-ordination worked (or not at times).

Be nice to add our graphic/contact details front and back and then link it off the recruitment thread - it's a great example (for the most part) of what we do best.

Gillon - we'll make a star of you yet!

I haven't watched it yet, but save our blushes! We must drop some absolute clangers in there if it's the whole bloody thing. :eek:

Just checked it, dear gawd it is the whole thing.

Realistically I doubt anyone would sit through full 3 hours of it, so it might be an idea to simply edit down to the highlights for future uploads. As the SGT said, bang some promotional stuff front and back and use it for recruitment like the others already do.

Cage, the fact that you've got the 16AA logo's all over your video, and tagged it too, surely means it's already doing it's thing regarding recruitment?

Anyone searcing 16AA on youtube will be confronted by it and anything else the other regulars have posted up. Think of your videos and our website as our 'shop windows'. It all just enitces people in.

I haven't watched it yet, but save our blushes! We must drop some absolute clangers in there if it's the whole bloody thing. :eek:

Realistically I doubt anyone would sit through full 3 hours of it, so it might be an idea to simply edit down to the highlights for future uploads. As the SGT said, bang some promotional stuff front and back and use it for recruitment like the others already do.

this is true public pepole like short and snappy ! not a 20min video where 90% of the time you are waiting around. :)

These video's are good for things like AAR's And for the pepole who can't make the op can sit and watch it for they haven't missed out.

Hones,

Awesome video, don't shorten it up. This is the best kind of recruitment tool as it will attract the kind of players who like this type of game play. It shows exactly what a new recruit can expect. Anyone can watch portions if they don?t want to view the entire thing.

"I doubt that COD BC2 enthusiasts will be attracted by this kind of thing. And that?s a good thing." Anonymous source.

You can add a table of contents and index the segments for quick access. I?ll show you if you don?t know how. Also you can eliminate the text chatter with the aceclippi and option settings. You can also remove the player names by not selecting "constant" for the "Scanning method" in "ACE settings".

Great work. Thanks so much. Keep it up.

Thanks for not smothering the gameplay with a music track. I agree with Wilson.

Awesome video Cage looked like a promo trailer

But yes im ganna have to go with what booth said is best Idea I like. The Idea of having the full video with an Index of the best scenes and such i feel would be best of both worlds for those who want just the action and those who want to see all

There definetly a need for both video types:

The short snappy/music videos are a great recruitment tool (a certain percentage of shoot and scoot gamers need to grow up at some point).

The full length epic movies are a great training tool - why write an AAR when it's captured in moving pictures and sound!!

So really lets punt both types out the public, get the numbers in and then we might be able to take a film crew out on op's with us!!

Cage and Hones, great job on the videos.

I dunno, I think it would be rather cool to take a film crew occasionally if people fancied a change - is there a suitable model with camera we could use? - I like the idea of a second person trying to do their 'piece to camera' as the bulets start to fly!

• 3 weeks later...

i did lol, that's why i came in the first place

Archived