"Lipton, jump in"

"Lipton, get in the helicopter, we're taking off!",

"Who's that sitting in the middle of the helicopter?"

"Get in a seat, get in a seat"

"You have to get in a seat Lipton"

"Lipton, get in a seat before we take off"

"We're about to lift man, get in"

"Lipton, get in a bloody seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wish there was a battle recorder in Arma like in DCS A10. I think I had a close call on the 2nd pass around 4:10 you can hear a missile passing very close. At first I thought it was a mortar round but I think it might have been a stinger. One thing for sure it shows that practising autorotation on the den helps, I was only 40m off the ground when the stinger hits and of course there was bloody trees everywhere.

My contribution, videos later as usual:

After securing a compound, the 1 Platoon high-ups discuss what to do next:

inmissionbriefing.png

After being inserted, 1 Section moves up and Morris proves the deadly accuracy of the marksman rifle:

morrismarksman.png

With the (supposed) end of the mission in sight, 1 Platoon waits for their extraction:

waitingb.png

As I say above, videos soon along with "The Sergeant Speaks: Episode 2!"

I wish there was a battle recorder in Arma like in DCS A10. I think I had a close call on the 2nd pass around 4:10 you can hear a missile passing very close. At first I thought it was a mortar round but I think it might have been a stinger. One thing for sure it shows that practising autorotation on the den helps, I was only 40m off the ground when the stinger hits and of course there was bloody trees everywhere.

That was an RPG who flew just past ur bird and blew up further away in the sky, Afther that was fired the contact started.

Thank you for coming and rescuing me!!!

[video=youtube;l9BQ3v3XSaA]

The Stinger is at 4:20 or so. Managed to launch one flare before it hit.

That was some impressive flying to land the bird at all red.

Just one question, did you notice the first shot at you, which I guess was unguided of some sort? Because at the time I saw it, and I was thinking "he should probably move east a bit, and either get lower or land", and you went around on the same track again.

I was a bit upset, and thought we didn't have to risk the choppers like that, and end up losing one. Our protective bubble could've extended a bit further away from the LZ, especially towards the west. Most importantly, we couldn't really see very far from where we were.

Anyways, at least everything after that went well and we got you out alive.

At the time I thought it was a mortar shell as I knew there was a mortar in this compound. I flew so far west because during ingress we took some heavy fire east of the Lz so I thought the threat was on the other side and I was trying to position myself for a potential rocket run on the east of the lz, in case it got over run.

Covering the Lz with a griffin with only one pilot and no gunner was a mistake, We should have landed side by side with the merlin. Lesson learned.

My contribution, I couldn't find any decent footage of the rescue mission or the helo being shot down which is a shame. That would have made some great videos, I expect.

Anywho;

1 Section takes out an OPFOR patrol and finds a suspect package near when they set up:

[video=youtube;86rPLpJxFd8]

As 1 Platoon advances, 1 Section clears a compound that they suspected was housing several enemy combatants:

[video=youtube;muKiZE12y1Y]

The Sergeant Speaks: Episode 2:

[video=youtube;PPFQzlSX4p8]

Enjoy all!

Nicely Done Evans, I liked the crumpet comment, However I must advise spellchecker :P Also In FRAPS, on the recording page If I remember correctly, there is another tickbox that says record external device. Tick this box and select your headset (Front Microphone input) and I do believe it will also record your radio transmissions. I sound very weird !!

Upon self relfection I realise that IED I should of pulled whole section back - In future I shall take the SOP like a law. Evans, you missed the part we lit up those contacts hehe

Guys from other sections, feedback in these situations would be appreciated about how I am carrying out procedures i.e. that compound clearence.

Cage I promise tomorrow to watch yours!!!

I am on the left there!

Btw, that roof will hold just fine. I think those experts just want some media attention.

edit; Oh and that back pack in the first video; I think Baker? dropped that. when we were setting up in ARD at that position.

Yes, spell checkers are always good, but Notepad seems to lack one :( Pity, really.

Anywho, I have been looking in FRAPS for a way to record my transmissions but I haven't been successful so far. And I don't think the MoD would like to show their soldiers killing people. Even though the civvies know that happens, I don't think they'd release a video like that to the public. That's why I either go after contacts or before. Never during. Well, I did once...

Archived