Linstock XI

Jones

Couple of pics i got while in the pattern near the AO.

arma2oa2012010822001434.jpg

Hostiles sighted near the hill N/W from Ghorband.

arma2oa2012010821282774.jpg

Hostiles Moving into ghorband.

arma2oa2012010821285021.jpg

Hostiles Moving into ghorband.

arma2oa2012010821374255.jpg

Friendly's taking cover in some rocks.

arma2oa2012010821252621.jpg

Friendly's having a chat and a tea party. :w:

Videos as soon as is likely.

1 Section in position for the LDP exercise:

1secldp.png

With the platoon on the ground and under fire, Private Grief watches for enemy contacts:

griefwatch.png

Private Grief strikes a pose in a lull in the action:

griefpose.png

Sergeant Emmet talks to 1 Flight:

emmetradio.png

A pair of Chinook helicopters move to extract the platoon:

chinookinbound.png

A Chinook approached the landing zone:

chinookapproach.png

A Chinook prepares to touch down:

chinookland.png

Soldiers board the waiting Chinook:

chinookload.png

Once again, videos soon!

Sergeant Speaks coming soon, hopefully.

[video=youtube;yC4QhCEbkUA]

[video=youtube;rBUf1vSaJZM]

And possibly a new series, Show-Off Shots. If you get a good long range shot better then this then send me a clip and I'll stick it up in the playlist!

[video=youtube;t_vU5jyx_d8]

Sadly the timing is out and I missed a few HUD bits and pieces towards the end of the clip. It is completely raw footage though - like I say, I just don't have the time at the moment to put into producing a good full length video. I have to say the HUD is the main problem - if anyone can tell me how to disable to group icons at the bottom of the screen and the names of people that pop up when you look at them (as well as the radio graphic) - basically everything!! then I'd be able to put a video together in half the time. In addition - I can't hear my voice, which although is probably a good thing, it does mean that converstations over the radio are a tad one sided.

I have another version of the intro without music (Generation Kill style) which I'll post up later on today for anyone that's interested.

In addition - I can't hear my voice, which although is probably a good thing, it does mean that converstations over the radio are a tad one sided.

Do you use FRAPS to record your videos? If yes, go to "Movies" and tick the box that says "record external input". This will also record your microfone input (basically all that you say) into the video. However, it really records everything (including coughs, sneezes and so on). It's like putting TS into "voice activated" mode. If you want to avoid that, tick the other box in the same window that says "Only capture while pushing" and then assign either your TS push to talk or your ACRE radio button to it.

Sadly, as FRAPS only supports one button at this time, you have to decide if you want the direct talk to be recorded in your videos (then choose the TS PTT button) or the radio calls (then choose the ACRE transmit) key.

Archived