Operation Coldharbour IV

Morris

That made me facepalm so fucking hard Briggs, all the while that had been going on me and the Sergeant was on the other side of the trees talking bad words about how no one where, where they where suppose to be.

You see us at the 2:35 mark just heading straight back for the choppers.

I was asked to do this by a couple in 2 Sec so here it is... Note, it is unlisted as I'm unsure whether you folks want me to list it...

ahem . .I think we'll keep that one for our private use if that's okay . . .

apologies, guys , for a slightly confusing ending to what was a good op - I really wasn't sur whether we had cleared out any possible en forces from behind the small wooded ridge to the East, but the loss of platoon cohesion on the way over to check was an object lesson in keeping orders simple and intentions clear . . .

[video=youtube;5TXriPISDVE]

Whether to engage the truck or not was a really difficult call which we took time over but we identified 2 men wearing insurgent uniforms sitting in the cab and as we were being engaged from multiple locations the call was taken to destroy the truck before any enemy combatants could unload and engage 1PLT or ourselves. If the 10 men killed in that truck managed to disembark from the vehicle we would have definitely taken heavy casualties. We were aware of a civilian near the bus so we decided to use the M72 LAW instead of the Javelin to engage the truck. Apparently there was no notable damage to the bus or the civilian.

Guest Pte Davies
[video=youtube;5TXriPISDVE]

Whether to engage the truck or not was a really difficult call which we took time over but we identified 2 men wearing insurgent uniforms sitting in the cab and as we were being engaged from multiple locations the call was taken to destroy the truck before any enemy combatants could unload and engage 1PLT or ourselves. If the 10 men killed in that truck managed to disembark from the vehicle we would have definitely taken heavy casualties. We were aware of a civilian near the bus so we decided to use the M72 LAW instead of the Javelin to engage the truck. Apparently there was no notable damage to the bus or the civilian.

Nice shot with that LAW.

@Makinen it is your deviated imagination only, nothing more.

Damnit, story of my lovelife right there. These wounds they will not heeeeeaaaal.

Seriously though, them's be some great pictures. I suppose what with taking pictures of the best section in the community, it's no surprise the pictures become good too...

Damnit, story of my lovelife right there. These wounds they will not heeeeeaaaal.

Seriously though, them's be some great pictures. I suppose what with taking pictures of the best section in the community, it's no surprise the pictures become good too...

debatable :P

i need fraps then ill screen shot like a demon. and record. the 580 should keep up with full gfx aswell.
Yeah we need a cameraman in 2/1, Morris takes great screens and now we'll have great video! I'd do it but my laptop would probably shit itself out of its own eyeballs.

Yeah we need a cameraman in 2/1, Morris takes great screens and now we'll have great video! I'd do it but my laptop would probably shit itself out of its own eyeballs.

Well if Lipton and Wilson didn't want me so damn much then I might be tempted to visit 2/1 for a short stay, but gotta stay where I'm needed :P

Archived