Engagements while on Patrol in the Ridgeback

Cage

Guest Pte Davies

It stops a few standard or HE rpgs. The AT versions 1 shot it. IEDs I don't know, but judging by arma I wouldn't imagine it'll hold out that well.

Nice vehicle. Well, still not armour but "protected" ;-)

What weapon station is modeled on the vehicle?(Protector? Lemur?) Does it include smoke-grenades?

My fav right now would be the Lemur-RWS coupled with "Pillar"(a sniper detection system)

[video=youtube;BhgWSBKzgB0]

After attacking the Ridgeback with various weaponry, we found that it provided good protection for all the infantry inside. The main issue we had with the vehicle was it's vulnerability to getting immobilised. The vehicles relatively slow speed allowed us to get accurate fire down on the wheels which often resulted in a mobility kill. Although the Ridgeback gave good protection against small arms fire, it suffered against machineguns especially when the fire was directed at the vehicles wheels. The vehicle faired fairly well against the 60mm HE rounds although their were a few occasions when shells destroyed the fuel system. The vehicle managed to sustain 4 hits with a RPG firing HE rounds however the Anti-tank RPG always destroyed the Ridgeback with a direct hit to any side. The Ridgeback did surprisingly well against the Anti-tank mines and satchel charges by protecting the crew inside from any injuries. When the vehicle did get destroyed it often gave the occupants a few seconds to get out before going up in flames.

Overall a great vehicle with many benefits and a couple of drawbacks. Can't wait to see this in missions.

Edited by Tpr Morris

We will have to wait until we are back in the desert unless a green variant is released anytime soon. It could be very useful for extracting wounded and mobilising HQ. However, as I said previously, I can't see us using it too often. Nice model though :)

Any mission editor who includes this vehicle may consider altering OPFOR RPG ammunition to provide a more realistic experience. I don't suppose you know, Cage, if there are any RPG types which OPFOR will engage with but which will not take it in one hit?

Standard one they spawn with I think. But they will engage with any RPG round they have as far as I know. Standard HE will do.

I reckon it can/will be used a lot in side missions in the desert, probably.