Operation Coldharbour X

Aposky

They were using Javalins whilst Hellfires were being deployed by 1FLT. Further along mortars were being deployed on incoming enemies, whilst GPMG's, and the Plt Sniper gave the good news to any stragglers.

3 Sec protected their flanks with the up most vigilance, nothing actually tried to flank *aside from 1 lone man that met the sharp end of a static Machine Gun* but the enemy walked into their killzone which they utilized to full effect.

Also good to see that their mortar barrage did nothing to displace us before their main assault. Sadly the left defence line came under a much more close range attack leading to casualties.

There were some Hellfires being shot off, and 2/1 did indeed deploy a 30mm GMG. I think they also had Javelins.

So I was not completely of mark, with thinking AGL :-P

Yepp, looks like a shit day on the receiving end of that fires :)

40mm - L134A1 - GMG (Grenade Machine Gun) :)

Don't you just love mil accronyms AGL(automatic-grenade-launcher). Think thats what the spams call it.

For us its: GraMaWa (grenade maschine weapon)

basicly all the same design, as one armourer from the US told me: a cal .50 on steroids :cool:

[video=youtube;N7atWKl_8GU]

Good one. The "nailbiting" feeling before something happens comes across pretty good.

How do you guy feel about the choice a BP here? I mean: completely in front slope and at the edge of the wood, 2 things that you normaly try to avoid.

Or was there some other reason to choose this BP?

Archived