Operation Stirling II

Jakobsen

"Our downed Apache's will blot out the sun!" - King Hicks, 2012 AD

And now for my contribution:

As 1 Section prepares to engage a target, another section checks a nearby civilian hut to improve relations with the locals.

civilianrelations.png

On a hill in a break in the action, some members of 1 Section take it easy.

1sectionrest.png

About to move off, Gulbitti checks his sector again before taking his place in the formation.

gulbittioverwatch.png

Ugly 5-1 rests on the ground after taking a stinger to the rotor blades.

uglydown.png

[video=youtube;jOqxNr3dOjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOqxNr3dOjY&feature=youtu.be

For future reference if any section needs urgent mortar support you can get in direct contact with the mortar team on Long Range channel 5. The basic information we need is an enemy grid, description of enemy and type and amount of rounds. If you wish to adjust fire we will need your grid reference to adjust from.

1-2 and 1-1 in a good bloody party together in an alley. Kawalsky (unconscious), Gillon, Hones (unconscious?), Wilson, Bergheim and and unknown third casualty.

Those who are down should be Kawalsky, Turnbull, and Blanchard cuz thats me with the nice clean uniform performing CPR

"Our downed Apache's will blot out the sun!" - King Hicks, 2012 AD

And now for my contribution:

As 1 Section prepares to engage a target, another section checks a nearby civilian hut to improve relations with the locals.

civilianrelations.png

Section shown is 3 Section, Charlie are clearing the rooms whilst Delta check out the civies.

Part 2

qT8Vn.jpg

pnbqS.jpg

That one needs comment: Here is 1/3 anti tank team commanded by LCpl Ellis. Behind a building on the left was hiding our biggest enemy from yesterday's op: T-55. 1/3 took a 1x AT-4 CS/RS and 1x M-72 LAW from crippled 1/2 and set up an ambush position. When T-55 rolled out into opening, it took 2 direct hits in rear, however rockets bounced off or did minor damage to the tank.

pnUiW.jpg

During the AT team setting up for emergency reaction 3 Sec had 2x T1 casualties that I had to deal with alone. This was as I ordered as Tank was far greater threat to Platoon as a whole. However a massive thankyou is required to 1/2 who appeared on my location and supported my treatment of casualties *CLS included ironically* and provided cover for our Sections extract as I took charge of the Plt during WO2 Emmets "Brief Departure". Was excellent to see Section unison kicking in hard there.

Brilliant pics by Apos, as usual.

And yep, the lesson to take away from this op is that no matter how much you love Sandham - pop smoke and THEN go rescue him. Otherwise you'll end up lying down next to him with a few extra ventilation holes.

arma2oa2012051321281831.jpg

Fantastic sky lining, who's going to own up?? LOL spotted from 2.5 Kms away...

arma2oa2012051320081338.jpg

Hostile Air threat that we spotted from 3.5 Kms, later engaged to prevent further threat.

1 Flight Munition report

DATE: 13/05/2012

Confirmed Kills:

1 X Hostile tank

1 X Hostile air threat

1 X Hostile Built in position

UGLY 5-1 Discharged:

5 X AGM-114

90 X 30 MM Cannon Rounds

Finance report: (View At Your Own Risk)

5 X Hellfire = ?211,140

90 X 30 MM = ?5,580

TOTAL COST OF SORTIE: ?216,720

TOTAL COST OF OPERATION:?491,318

Fantastic sky lining, who's going to own up?? LOL spotted from 2.5 Kms away...

You physically can't walk down a round mountain without skylining -somewhere-. We aim to not skyline to the enemy -- little heed is paid to the rear where you caught the shot from. :P

Was that what the apache was trying to get better pictures of as it soared into sky and enemy manpad reach? ;P

Actually, yes, you could say that. We was "popping" to get ISTARS on a supposed "tank" that was pounding the platoon, We pop up take a pic come down and analyze it to see what's there. it was the safest way to conduct ISTARS in that mission. There was AA from pretty much every direction and it was nearly impossible to operate never mind give ISTARS/CAS but given the supposed situation of the company about to be eaten by a tank I pushed the boundaries to help you guys out, so yes it went wrong and we recovered, and landed quite fantastically, (credit to Plt Off Hill) But we could of easily justified not giving CAS/ISTARS at all since it was so risky.

:)

Archived