Proof of Concept

Evans D

Here's a small "teaser" as to something that me and Private Balkau are working on in our duties as embedded AAN news reporters.

meetthecrewproofofconce.png

Also, I tried something new with the picture. What do you think about it? I'm deliberately not telling you what I've done but it should be pretty obvious.

All I can see is Imageshack loading incredibly slow, as usual. Took at least a minute to load the picture.

For the love of the FSM guys, stop using that POS and use some good image hosters. :P

On the picture:

Looks like you ramped up the contrast on just the model of the soldier.

well obviously this soldier does not belong in the picture, the textures and shadows give this away, you should make the soldier more "greyer" and keep in the mind the posistion of the sun, why is the shadow of the soldier to the right and the shadow of the bushes to the left :P

Fuchs, which provider do you recommend? I have all my galleries on my Imageshack account but if there's a better one then I may well choose it. Also, the loading times might be because it's a JPEG.

It's not a bluescreen, and the soldier was already in the picture. I'll give up my secrets at the end of the day in case anyone else wants to guess.

Fuchs, which provider do you recommend? I have all my galleries on my Imageshack account but if there's a better one then I may well choose it. Also, the loading times might be because it's a JPEG.

Either iimmgg.com or imgur.com.

Both of them are very good and very fast, imageshack.us just has extremely low bandwidth and usually disallows hot-linking.

And the day has ended. Fuchs came closest:

Upped the contrast on him and brightened the background. Now, technically, he got it right first time, but I'm feeling pedantic and I could let the first guy to answer get it right, could I!

Also, changed to imgur.com. My pictures are uploading now and I'll have all my galleries set up by the end of the day... I hope.

Now a new question:

Does the picture look good, and should it be used for more "teaser" pictures? Or does it look like a sack of proverbial shit and I should never ever do this again?

Archived