2/1 - What goes on.

Morris

As we're approaching Home Rotation I thought I'd compile a few clips of some of the stuff we do in 2/1. Hopefully this will help any of you considering joining 2/1 decide whether or not it's for you.

[video=youtube;-0ynGmAZKR4]

Perfectly good video, but kill that music. There's nothing worse then clicking a youtube link to be assaulted by overly loud music. I always wonder if these people are showcasing their gameplay or their favourite music.

Yeah, that's not what I mean though.

Here's a good example, still has a killer soundtrack, but it's not obtrusive in anyway. I get what you're doing with the music, but it just kills any dialogue or ambience.

[video=youtube;aAk4-meZmoE]

edit - Bollocks, ignore me. It's your vid mate and as long as you're happy with it and it's showcasing 2/1 the way you want it to it's doesn't matter a jot what I say. Get stuck in :)

I see what Wilson is saying, it's nice to have music as a background rather than an overlay. Nothing wrong with song choice, in fact it fits perfectly, but it's nice to here comms and sound effects.

Edit: And I still thing we should have had Fortunate Son :P

Well I haven't actually put this on the official channel yet but after seeing the finished product I do think the music is a little too loud compared to the audio. In Movie Maker it seemed to be a bit quieter. I'll definitely turn it down a bit and due to popular demand I might even use Fortunate Son.

Well I haven't actually put this on the official channel yet but after seeing the finished product I do think the music is a little too loud compared to the audio. In Movie Maker it seemed to be a bit quieter. I'll definitely turn it down a bit and due to popular demand I might even use Fortunate Son.

Please don't, that will ruin it. Use the same soundtrack, just turn down the volume.

What a difference that's made!

The only other suggestion I'd make is, for future videos overlay any pics with some random background ambience captured from video footage, voice chatter, weapons fire, whatever. It saves them from feeling emtpy compared to the video footage used.

That's a sterling peice of work though Morris!

Archived