Balkau

Basic Mortar Course, June 28

wYR1bh.jpg

cWFvqh.jpg

BL43Nh.jpg

YFuLQh.jpg

Odell teaching us how to mortar

14W4gh.jpg

In the last picture Ainsley showing off his newly acquired mortar commanding and number crunching skills.

Phase 1 Training, July 1

VjpRJh.jpg

Old man Fuchs starting off the Phase 1

6zAdnh.jpg

On the firing range

Contact drills in the dark

68Z7nh.jpg

With NVGs...

mDTTXh.jpg

...and with flares ("Hang on guys, I've got a great idea!")

Full resolution on imgur.com.

mDTTXh.jpg

And the Lord himself did say: "LET THERE BE LIGHT! BEARING 201, ELEVATION 1251!" And thou most holieth flare wast fired from thine sacred Mortar tube, and it did fill the sky in all of it's 60mm glory!

And the Lord himself did say: "LET THERE BE LIGHT! BEARING 201, ELEVATION 1251!" And thou most holieth flare wast fired from thine sacred Mortar tube, and it did fill the sky in all of it's 60mm glory!

Sorry to crush your imagination here, but I simply grabbed a few 40mm M203 flares. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few screenshots I took during training yesterday:

SL6yGh.jpg

1 Section herringboned up at the rear of the C-130

ZcuITh.jpg?1

Boarding the C-130

pE6Pwh.jpg

The few soldiers in the back of the C-130 waiting for the red light

ZloiFh.jpg

Elektro and Cherno (also an argument FOR 3rd person right there ;))

1VofBh.jpg

The platoon moving after forming up

wFk6vh.jpg

The platoon on the move

BxwIvh.jpg

The platoon holding while Anderson demonstrates his NAVEX skills

KwKQFh.jpg

2 guys of 3Sec sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! :D

pttAyh.jpg?2

Helicopter crash site. Apos: "Can we loot it?"

wWceGh.jpg

A downed C-130

JOlM6h.jpg

Aposky crouching in the grass

bg7f5h.jpg?2

SuGSVh.jpg

Wall of RPGs. Jerking off... err... around after ENDEX.

Full resolutions as always on imgur.com.

Footage is being processed and coming soon.

Nice screeny's ;) i hoped you enjoyed that escape and evasion training ;).

BTW mission will stay on training server if a small group of people whish to retake it. The mission is dynamic so it will be differant every time you play it!

Balkau, the sheer quality of your graphics makes me want to weep manly tears. Roll on payday so I can upgrade...

I feel you, man. Until recently I could only play on minimum settings with a ridiculously tiny view distance.

Nice pic's... and you always say that you've got footage coming soon but I never see it! What's your youtube channel?

Well, in many cases the footage is not good enough (only little footage and/or footage is not appealing enough, i.e. simply boring).

But what I have, I upload to my YouTube channel. Although I do post most 16AA related videos on the forums. (I think the only one I didn't post was Gryphon V, which I simply forgot.)

All 16AA related videos go to this playlist (16AA videos) and because they're ArmA 2, also to

Thanks and yes, I did indeed. Turned out to be more of a stroll in the green than escape and evasion, though. ;)

BTW mission will stay on training server if a small group of people whish to retake it. The mission is dynamic so it will be differant every time you play it!

I'd love to do it again. Paradrop + reorg + random firefights + heli crash sites* = awesome :).

I upload some screens from this Op this evening.

*) one comment on those - we found ammo crate with Javelines, however with no CLU part (or whatever is it called) so those were useless. Could you add them? Or those suppose to be like that?

Yaaaay! By the way, if you record with FRAPS I know how you can make it so you can hear everyone else talk (I think): In the 'Movies' tab make sure you have "Record Win7 Sound", "Multichannel" and "Record External Input" all ticked. Then make sure the box under "Record External Input" has the name of your microphone device there. Then people will heareveryone else, and you!

Nope. Not on my setup. I've got the game on my speakers, while I have TeamSpeak on my headset. Because this setup uses 2 stereo mixes, FRAPS only records the "main" stereo mix, i.e. my speakers. I've been trying to find a way to record both stereo mixes since Gryphon 2, but everything I try doesn't work. :(

You could try disabling fraps audio recording completely and record both stereo outputs into a sequencer like Ableton or Sonar live as you play. Then you'd be able to mix the audio and video together and get the right balance of game and voice. It'd probably give your system resource a fair hit though.

You could try disabling fraps audio recording completely and record both stereo outputs into a sequencer like Ableton or Sonar live as you play. Then you'd be able to mix the audio and video together and get the right balance of game and voice. It'd probably give your system resource a fair hit though.

Nice idea! I'll try recording all headset traffic in 2 Audacity threads (Incoming and outgoing) in tonight's Phase 1 training, but I'll leave the game audio on FRAPS. That way I can mix everything to the point where it's perfect. Just the syncing might be an issue, I'll have to see how I do that.

Edit: Derp. TeamSpeak supports recording. Anyone know if that function is working with ACRE?

Archived