1 Section heads off on a combat patrol:

0ICyE.jpg

Wright watches his sector:

b6z7k.jpg

Kotowski checks some ranges and eyes up the area surrounding the OP:

8jitS.jpg

Wright silhouetted against the night sky:

xdFMf.png

Wow, that was pretty noisy... In the meanwhile, I had serene silence in my Ridgeback, only broken by pounding of my .50 and the brass hitting the hull. It's really scary inside that vehicle, you can't hear anything.

And Evans, first come, first served. :P

On Koto's video: Whilst trying to chat with Heath I had a similar view at the veritable broadside. Had to be at least two if not three sections worth of suppression on one enemy. No idea what went on (gave control to Koto) but whatever it was must've gotten filled the fuck up with lead.

Just an HMG in the sun.

arma2oa2012091620224455.png

Lynx Wildcat recieving two hits and stoofing in.

arma2oa2012091620451359.png

arma2oa2012091620451831.png

arma2oa2012091621090660.png

1/3 moving about our business.

arma2oa2012091621115599.png

Those illum rounds are rather cool, would like to see them employed earlier then today though. Would be really useful to employ them around those times that its too light for nvg but too dark to see very well. When pitch black I don't think the illums are that great as just blinds an area from view when using nvg and you have to remove your nvg but then your blind to the dark areas...

Reshmaan province sunset:

tqS2b.jpg

Covering 1/2's movement to a compound. Getting dark.

4q3y3.jpg

Cpl Ellis and Pte Aposky against the night sky.

MFkaI.jpg

Pte Kawalsky and 1 Section opening fire on the enemy from the PB.

0I8XA.jpg

FSG illuminating the area N of PB.

cZKu9.jpg

That's some cool screenshots, Ege, I love the one with Ellis and Apos!

Note our fancy aiming posts which are almost entirely useless to us (we only use them for jousting and putting messages on the ground) on the left side of the last picture.

SNgFVFfOT-g

1Plt and FSG suppressing some contacts.

From a live stream. Sounds a lot better than it looks.

I didn't hear any target locations / orders going out for that suppressive fire? Nor did I hear anyone saying they'd hit anything? - was anything hit... was there anything (with the exception of the possible enemy armour) there at all beyond an enemy combatant firing off a few shots to try to get lucky?

Wait... Apos uploading screenshots with little to no obvious editing? End of the world? :D

Looking great, especially the last one!

And that falling star might actually be Scarle taking the .50cal on the Ridgback for walkies. ;)

Edit:

Bloody ninjas!

I didn't hear any target locations / orders going out for that suppressive fire?

As Jako is on the radio, Koto would be the one to give the order for 1/1, and his voice apparently didn't get recorded. We had plenty of comms during that particular firefight on FSG short range.

Thanks for putting this up, Hones, I watched a lot of it earlier today. Glad to see you got a good view of Benari and me getting shot down... looked cooler from the outside than from the inside ;)

At 58:30 to about 1:00:30 you see me putting on a nice little fireworks show from the Griffin.

I didn't hear any target locations / orders going out for that suppressive fire? Nor did I hear anyone saying they'd hit anything? - was anything hit... was there anything (with the exception of the possible enemy armour) there at all beyond an enemy combatant firing off a few shots to try to get lucky?

What wasn't shown in the video was that the targets had been sighted and called out already, which is why so many heads were already turned in that direction. My voice was not recorded, so you're not hearing fire orders. The contacts were killed quickly, so the rest was just suppressive fire on their position and then 'watch and shoot' at the end.

That said, I let the fire drag on longer than usual because it was a great sight to see.

Archived