Operation Final Anvil, The Unit.

Howard

Howard if you want to get rid of the "ENEMY 12 OCLOCK" "IVE GOT HIM" etc messages. Ingame go to options -> gameplay -> and disable radio subtitles and subtitles. Text chat etc will still be there from friendlies but none of that AI shouting crap.

• 1 month later...

Piece of advice Howard (and anyone who opened their chute high) you shouldn't open before 220 metres. Open there, and you'll be on the ground in seconds, rather than minutes. That's the entire point of HALO - High Altitude Low Opening.

Piece of advice Howard (and anyone who opened their chute high) you shouldn't open before 220 metres. Open there, and you'll be on the ground in seconds, rather than minutes. That's the entire point of HALO - High Altitude Low Opening.

32565432.jpg

You'll end up injured on the ground. ACE uses different mechanics than the vanilla parachutes.

I found that pulling the rip cord at 450-500m gives you about 15 seconds of full canopy (~100m altitude), allowing you to line up a silky smooth landing.

Would be good to do another Unit Mission with a HALO/HAHO cause that looked epic....Gutted I missed it :/

Actually I decided to not use this form of HALO anymore, as it creates more problems than I'm willing to accept for a 5 minute element of the mission (parachutes opening right at the end of the ramp, people getting T1'ed, etc.). That one was already a second chance, after Lipton already gave it a shot.

However, I've already have a few ideas on how to get a HALO insertion that actually works, so stay tuned.

You'll end up injured on the ground. ACE uses different mechanics than the vanilla parachutes.

I found that pulling the rip cord at 450-500m gives you about 15 seconds of full canopy (~100m altitude), allowing you to line up a silky smooth landing.

Really? I've never had that problem. It's always worked at 220m for me, and I've landed within five seconds. Maybe it's changed, iunno, but that was how I did it in ShackTac and it worked like a charm every time. Oh well, regardless of how they're done, HALO jumps are always win :3

Archived