Sign in to follow this  
Blanthorn

Ship Simulator Extreme is on... sail

For Gods sake, do NOT buy this. If I find out you have I WILL kill you. I bought it thinking it would be great.

NOT FUCKING SO.

This game is terrible, and I don't care if you liked previous ship simulators, it is TERRIBLE. And I didn't put the word "terrible" in caps and size 5 font for nothing.

DO.

NOT.

BUY.

THIS.

EVER.

That this is civilian shipping rather than naval means no I would not buy this. Sure I enjoy going sailing upon daddies yacht but thats in person and I would not want to simulate it on the computer!

No, really, I bought the game thinking it would be a simulation thing. Admittedly, I bought it at a time when I thought I wanted to do Warefare in the RN and I thought that I'd be able to use the simulator to see how ships work from the bridge view.

Not so.

You can sit in the bridge behind your bank of thrust levers and engine controls, and you can do a vague approximation of mooring, but it's not a simulator. It's a WASD controlled game with a bit of pitching and rolling as badly simulated waves roll over the ocean. I'm surprised that, in the video Balkau posted, the ship didn't sink because the collision modelling in the game is so utterly terrible and it seems random about if a small bump causes mass death or a huge smash causes you to bounce away from the object.

Seriously, I have only felt this way about a company once (EA Games after they released a "patch" that was a compulsory update to Crysis 2 and stopped you being able to play the campaign or the multiplayer) but I do not mind if this company goes out of business. I wish them every downfall.